Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: An invention to save the bees  (Read 5608 times)

mj

• Trading Score: +54
An invention to save the bees
« on: May 14, 2016, 05:51:49 AM »

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/beesavetherm4

Thermosolar Hive is a game changer in beekeeping. No more will Varroa destructor mites kill bee colonies. No more will beekeepers be forced to use chemicals inside their beehives. Thermosolar Hive produces healthy honey and support health of bees.

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Re: An invention to save the bees
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:33:32 AM »

Very interesting type of hive. I haven't seen this type of hive yet. Thanks for sharing! +1

This may only work for so long though, since I imagine eventually you'd get a couple mites that survive the high temps and adapt their genetics. I could be and I hope that I'm wrong though.

P.S. I used an oxalic acid spray as an initial treatment for mites when I hived my bees. oxalic acid is relatively safe at low levels. It's found at around 1.5% in rhubarb. I treated with 2.5% iirc. It's similar to citric acid but is a more destructive in a way I can't remember at the moment.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:29:48 AM »

Very interesting type of hive. I haven't seen this type of hive yet. Thanks for sharing! +1

This may only work for so long though, since I imagine eventually you'd get a couple mites that survive the high temps and adapt their genetics. I could be and I hope that I'm wrong though.

P.S. I used an oxalic acid spray as an initial treatment for mites when I hived my bees. oxalic acid is relatively safe at low levels. It's found at around 1.5% in rhubarb. I treated with 2.5% iirc. It's similar to citric acid but is a more destructive in a way I can't remember at the moment.

Oxalic acid disrupts calcium uptake in humans
Spreading love!

Hummingbird

• Trading Score: 74
  • Got nectar?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »

I love seeing more and more interest in saving the bees. I get honey from my relatives who keep bees, they use no chemicals whatsoever. It's way different than the "regular" honey.
Would love to have a hive, but for now only something like this would be possible:

http://www.odditycentral.com/animals/the-beecosystem-lets-you-use-bees-as-indoor-pets.html

;D

Indoors might be safer environment for the bees, so maybe it's not a bad idea.
This particular hive seems too small for the whole bee colony though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:43:19 PM by Hummingbird »