Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: mimosa seedling - problem?  (Read 12300 times)

Cane Blossom

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +9
  • vibrational awareness
Re: mimosa seedling - problem?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:11 AM »

So they like being out in the sun? Even as a seedling?
yea, since germination.
0 = -1 + 1
no thing = thing + unthing.
an infinite fractality of duality divided out of nothingness.
Ex nihil panton fit

cogito, ergo... cogito

the bong is my wind instrument

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »

Something about that reminds me of syrian rue. If its grown outside from seed it will do great. But if you start it inside and try to acclimate it will do very poorly.

Saros

• Trading Score: +48
  • (x²+y²-1)³-x²y³=0
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »

Well, it looks like the problem with mine was that the soil was holding too much moisture.

After fertilizing didn't make a different I decided to repot it. I was shocked when I got in there and saw how soggy the soil was, and the roots hadn't developed much since the last time I re-potted it from a 1 gal pot to a 5 gal pot. It looked like I was in a rush or out of certain things that I normally add to the mix. This looked like potting soil + some additional perlite. Normally I like to mix in other things  like coco coir and pine bark or some other chunky natural mulch type material.

I'm afraid I disturbed the roots quite a bit because they weren't substantial enough to hold the root soil together when I removed it from the old pot. Hopefully it forgives me and bounces back. That was Saturday morning, so far, it's not looking any worse than it did before so I'm hopeful

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

Well, it looks like the problem with mine was that the soil was holding too much moisture.

After fertilizing didn't make a different I decided to repot it. I was shocked when I got in there and saw how soggy the soil was, and the roots hadn't developed much since the last time I re-potted it from a 1 gal pot to a 5 gal pot. It looked like I was in a rush or out of certain things that I normally add to the mix. This looked like potting soil + some additional perlite. Normally I like to mix in other things  like coco coir and pine bark or some other chunky natural mulch type material.

I'm afraid I disturbed the roots quite a bit because they weren't substantial enough to hold the root soil together when I removed it from the old pot. Hopefully it forgives me and bounces back. That was Saturday morning, so far, it's not looking any worse than it did before so I'm hopeful

Yes, that was the next thing to do. The plant did have nutrient defficiency because the roots were not breathing well so they were not able to do their job.

Do not worry much about having disturbed the roots, repotting and cleaning roots involves cleaning and spreading them if they are packed. If the new soil has proper aeration, the mimosa should recover well, as long as the roots had no signs of rot. Keep watering under control and give her some time and lots of light and air.

Cheers,

Mandrake
Pages: 1 2 [3]