Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trying to find my dog a warm, loving home :'( (i'm going to miss him...)  (Read 3014 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK

So i'm going to have to find my dog a home. He's a beagle mix and makes one of the best "emotional dependent" animals because he so often picks up on when i'm sad or lonely and generally "stays by your side loyally". I'm in the U.S. down here in MO and i figured i'd ask if anyone is looking for a really intelligent, "human like" (he thinks he's people!), amazing medium sized dog.

-He hasn't had his shots but i'm willing to pay for all of them plus getting him nuttered if anyone's willing to work with me and let me get settled into the new apartments. They accept pets but we can't afford the animal deposit, all his shots, and everything else.
-He has nightmares regularly but if you talk to him while he's yelping in a soft voice he usually wakes up or starts having a better dream. Petting him helps too.
-He's a survivor of abuse and i literally rescued him from getting shot. I think that he developed PTSD but from being in a good, welcoming, safe environment he's completely comfortable around other's and in his own skin. though he barks at people who come in the house for about 30 seconds and usually shush's when you tell him to quiet down. (he actually makes a wonderful guard dog considering he doesn't bark at random strangers and mainly barks if someone walks into the home. it does surprise people at first because he runs at the people and barks at them really loud and tries to sniff them but if you're a dog owner you most likely have had this happen anyways. He's never, never, never attacked anyone. he's really good with kids though "grabby" toddlers make him a little bit uncomfortable but not aggressive or anything).
-He's a good hunting dog, he literally chases deer. He's never been trained but maybe that'll help me "sell" the idea.

I just need to find him a good home... I love him to death and i figured i'd ask on here just to see what kind of response i get. If anyone helps me out i will absolutely feel grateful and a huge weight will be lifted off my shoulders. If i can't find him a home we're going to find a no-kill shelter but they're really rare here.

Anyways, if anyone can help i would love you forever!
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...