Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anadenanthera Peregrina germination and seedling care  (Read 3900 times)

Plantyman8

• Trading Score: +9
  • I WILL BE THE GREATEST AT WHATEVER I DO!
Anadenanthera Peregrina germination and seedling care
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »

Running low on seeds and they just refuse to sprout I've used compost rich soil and some left over soil from an old bulb but no luck anything will help.

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Re: Anadenanthera Peregrina germination and seedling care
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:33:30 AM »

Running low on seeds and they just refuse to sprout I've used compost rich soil and some left over soil from an old bulb but no luck anything will help.

I know the feeling. How fresh are the seeds?  I haven't grown them myself but I think some of the members here are familiar with them.

Here is a quick guide you might want to look at: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-anadenanthera-peregrina-26428.html
Seems they rot easily.  :-\
Good luck with them and please consider posting a grow log with pics so we all can learn  :)
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

AcaciaAve

• West Coast Zone 8b
  • Trading Score: +166
Re: Anadenanthera Peregrina germination and seedling care
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:51:20 PM »

Hey Plantyman8,
in my experience with Anadenanthera, if they rot or die while I'm sprouting them in winter, waiting til April-May(spring/warm) is the best option.
Then you can start them in a humidity chamber by a windowsill and they'll sprout right up and you can remove the dome after 3-4 weeks or less.
Feel free to express your depleting seed concerns via the "Request" section, likely someone will assist your needs.

Are you making sure to scarify the seeds? They need to have near boiling water poured over them and they can sit for 1-2 days.
Ensure your soil is moderately-well drained with pumice/perlite/sand etc. and after you lay down the seed, only sprinkle a bit of compost/worm castings over it. Oversaturating legume seeds with rich compost generally leads to rot when I have done that. And make sure you allow the pot to breathe every now and then by unmasking the humidity cover. A good misting every now and again helps as well, be certain the soil does not dry out during the seedling stage.
Once these guys take off, they grow so fast!
 :)
Grow Phalaris grass
Climb Acacia Trees