Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New subforum(s)  (Read 4917 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
New subforum(s)
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »

Hi guys, i was wanting your idea's on creating a "greenhouse and aquaponics" section? i didn't see one currently existing.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: New subforum(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »

Well, it's a good idea, but we our Admin are quite busy now and asking for a big addition is probably not in the cards.

In the meantime, feel free to create threads in the Advanced Cultivation and Techniques section, and a mod can sticky them or create an indexed thread or something.

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »

Thanks FP! :)
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »

I'd really say greenhouses and aquaponics do not really belon in one subforum together. All aero hydro aqua whatever ponics has the aforementioned beautiful subforum "advanced cultivation", covering everything beyond the scope of "normal" soil based gardening.

I do see that we lack a subforum that covers all kind of structures associated to gardening, wether its chicsas rainshelter for cacti, a walipini or greenhouse. It might fit in some forums but yes, Im with you a greenhouses & orher construction subforum sounds like a cool idea. Maybe we could also include lighting & climate control... could be a matter of advanced tho ;)
Praise is mandatory.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:52:10 AM »

I agree that the aquaponics fits into the advanced cultivation techniques, but a gardening structures sub-forum would be a good idea.  Unless anyone can think of a subforum that this topic already fits into. 

About adding subforums, only the admins can do it.  Mandrake and Seed Master have been super busy and haven't been around in a while so it might be a bit.  If I remember correctly we are actually waiting on them so we can ask about making another subforum, but I cannot remember what that was about.
Cactus = Life

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »

BTW this thread here itself seems to belong into "STS Features and Discussion" and I wonder if we couldnt just change the very specific subforum name "Gardening Equipent Suppliers" to "Gardening Equiptment & Suppliers" to spawn a place where you could for example discuss the construction of a green house and where to get the required material.
Praise is mandatory.