Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Salutations! =))  (Read 3468 times)

0L0

Salutations! =))
« on: May 24, 2015, 05:24:14 AM »

Greetings all =))

Until recently I have been a doing mostly small-scale indoor gardening. Aside of ornamental plants I have a collection of Trichocereus including various bridgessii, pachanoi and peruvianus of unknown provenance and some SS01 x SS02.

I attempted Salvia divinorum a few years ago and not had much luck. I don’t know whether this was due to my inexperience, or the fact that the cutting was not the healthiest-looking plant I have ever seen.

Now that I have an outdoor garden space of my own I am growing Nicotiana rustica. Not realising quite how high the germination rate would be, ended up with far too many plants for my needs and have been sharing in my local area. Next year I will have to be a bit more frugal in my sowing of their seed! I have also got 1 Leonotis nepetifolia going from seed (not such astounding germination rates there!), it seems to be the slowest growing plant I have ever seen!

Aside of the above I am also growing edibles, including a range of chillis and tomatoes, lettuce, broad beans, an unknown mint, basil, coriander and courgettes. I am very much enjoying having an outdoor space to work in!

I would like to move on to growing Phalaris, but clones of reliable provenance seem to be near-nonexistant over here in the EU. At some point I will attempt growing Acacia acuminata and maidenii, both of which I have seed here. I don’t expect too much success, being in the UK which isn’t the best place to try such things as far as I understand!

Anyways nice to be on the forum!

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
Re: Salutations! =))
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:03:07 AM »

Ahoy! Welcome to STS!

It sounds like you'll be right at home here at STS.

;D

Hcc

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 06:12:43 AM »

G'day and welcome to the forum!
Checkout the rules, fill your lists out, enjoy your stay!!!

I have also got 1 Leonotis nepetifolia going from seed (not such astounding germination rates there!), it seems to be the slowest growing plant I have ever seen!

Might be Leonotis leonurus, not nep? My nep has like 99.9999% strike and super fast growth. I don't even bother with Leonotis leonurus anymore as the germ is always poor and growth is so slow, and the plants are so fussy in comparison. Could be climate too I guess?
PM on the way  ;)
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »

Welcome to the forum ! :)

Regarding the Leonotis, may it be Nepetifolia or Leonurus, if you obly got 1 out of several there was somethjng wrong. Just try again, I can send Nepetifolia, Cardica ... seeds around.
Praise is mandatory.

chamomeleon

• Trading Score: +31
  • I have a fever...... and the only cure is more cacti
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

Welcome  ;D ;D ;D
There was a young lass from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
It was not round and pink
as you might think
But had ears and a tail, and ate grass.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »

Welcome to STS!
Spreading love!

0L0

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 03:27:47 PM »

I have also got 1 Leonotis nepetifolia going from seed (not such astounding germination rates there!), it seems to be the slowest growing plant I have ever seen!

Might be Leonotis leonurus, not nep? My nep has like 99.9999% strike and super fast growth. I don't even bother with Leonotis leonurus anymore as the germ is always poor and growth is so slow, and the plants are so fussy in comparison. Could be climate too I guess?
PM on the way  ;)

It is very possible that it was mislabelled. I was given them by a friend and the only info on the packet he made was “Klip Dagga”. Could easily have been something else. It looks very much like a very small version of a cannabis seedling.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:51:50 PM by 0L0 »

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 04:09:24 PM »

Welcome! Feel free to post a picture of anything unknown in the Plant Identification Thread!

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 03:38:55 AM »

Welcome to STS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)                          :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)