Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Almost got to see a gac flower!  (Read 4341 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Almost got to see a gac flower!
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:09:28 PM »

I believe mindbody hooked me up with the gac seeds over a year ago. I grew out a fantastic vine! However it was entwined in a fence that needed fixing. Right as the first flowers are about to bloom(which would have likely been tomorrow) my neighbor decided to chop it off the fence to fix it! Mother F'er so much time invested! Its cool though now the fence is fixed and I'm sure it will grow back from the vine that's left. Next time I'll get to see the flowers damn it! At least the fence won't need moved again so this sad act won't need to happen again!
Spreading love!

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Re: Almost got to see a gac flower!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:07:25 PM »

great news!             Do you remember if you take any special care germinating those seeds?  Im still waiting mine to wake up..
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:17:11 PM »

Suspended them in moist vermiculite. Took a very long time to get the two sprouts I got so far. The other seeds are still chilling in the verm.
Spreading love!

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:17:57 AM »

Dang neighbors!  Haha.  I lost a HUGE Passiflora edulis vine that was on a neighboring fence.  Not bc of my neighbor tho.  I felt bad that they were having to deal with its incredibly robust growth.  It was growing all over their shed and up into their plumeria.  I tried to cut it back so I could transplant it but I must have been too aggresive and lost it all together.  The base was as big as my wrist.

I had too look up gac bc I never heard of it.  Seems pretty cool.  Hope it recovers quickly and you still get some blooms soon!
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 03:44:15 AM »

Luckily my neighbors only want some of the fruit if anything is on their fence. Tried to warn them I'd go crazy on it but they said no worries. Only problem is its their fence too so I'm at their mercy if they ask me to remove stuff.

My P. edulis just got a new 12 ft trellis to grow straight up on. Get it off the tree its covering now once the fruit is all done. Love passion fruit!
Spreading love!

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »

Mine continuously throws a bud, flowers, flower wilts, flower drops, throws another and repeats, never more than one at a time.
They never set, but its been doing it constantly for months now. So frustrating but I reckon next spring/summer will be the first harvests.
Fingers crossed...
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »

Do you have two Fairdinkum?  Male and Female.  I read that they are dioecious.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:31:23 AM »

I think I have 3 girls...
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact