Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Simple DIY hydro set up (3pot)  (Read 3830 times)

Specialty

• Whats up team?
Simple DIY hydro set up (3pot)
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

hey team ive been looking for a new simple set up went to my local hydro store and found this
http://www.jrponics.com/JrPonics-FishGarden-BubbleGarden_p_8.html
with extensive knowledge and background in growing I saw this kit retail for 75$ Canadian online its only 39.99. To me 75$ is quite a bit of money so I decided to show you all an easy similar set up for approx 15-20$.

what you will need!
1 decent sized storage container
1 bag sterilized aquarium gravel
1 6inch Airstone
1 medium sized aquarium air pump
3 netipots
3 1 1/2 inch poly inserts
and about a half meter to meter of aquarium air tubing.
Sharpie marker/pen

First Step
1.Take Lid and find the middle of the lid.
2. take netipot turn upside down so the widest part faces down and draw around the base with sharpie repeat until all 3 are evenly spaced and centered.
3.Use scissors or exacto knife to cut the holes in the lid make sure to stay on the inside of the marker line or your pots won't sit flush with top of lid.
4. once holes have been cut drill a small hole the size of your airline thought one of the lids sides (see pictures)
5. Once drilled take airline put through hole you just drilled too put airline in place.
6. Attach airstone to airline and anchor stone down with gravel.
7.Fill With water about 1inch below bottom of netipot.
8.Attach airline to air pump make sure pump works and air bubbles touch bottom of netipots if not add more water.
9. Use any kind of soilless medium fill net I pots and wait for the magic to begin!

Very Simple Setup Very little maintenance and explosive growth! can be used for flowers,herbs,pot,really anything! if you have any questions or comments feel free to drop a line here or shoot me a Pm
Thanks for reading and Happy Growing!

Specialty

• Whats up team?
Re: Simple DIY hydro set up (3pot)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »

I have a more advanced set up waiting too be put together I will be building it today/tomorrow ill post when its ready!

Edit: new set up is almost complete it is getting worked on as I type this. Prepare for a bombshell to be dropped STS
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:42:27 PM by Specialty »

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Simple DIY hydro set up (3pot)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 03:02:52 AM »

I am interested in hydro / aero for a long time now, but theres one thing I dont really get: Obviously one would have to adjust several parameters of the nutritient solution, that is electric conductivity, PH, different nutrients and so on. How can I know wich "setting" comforts wich plant most ? How exactly would the procedure of dialing in / maintaining the values in the solution work ? Does one use a commercial hydro-product, or is it enough to simply add fertilizer until required values are met ?

Thanks for some enlightning :)
Praise is mandatory.