Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Do You Do?  (Read 14118 times)

onion

• Trading Score: +44
  • Why?
Re: What Do You Do?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

I'm lucky to spend most of my workday playing with plants, talking about plants, and writing about plants.

In my off time, I spend a lot of time outdoors. My soul requires frequent camping trips. I enjoy trail running as well. I like to pick up the guitar now and then. I enjoy cooking with good fresh food. I also love traveling when possible.
How?

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »

I'm working on my Master's in Mechanical Engineering. My research is in 3D printing.

I play the drums, primarily Jazz/Latin. Its mostly a meditative practice for me. I do not enjoy playing in bands for the most part.

Growing/collecting plants is a recent development in my life. This hobby largely developed because of STS. My folks are plant-people and are ecstatic about my interest in plants.

I'm gay (openly, though people don't seem to know unless I tell them), single, and in my late 20's.

My dream is to live in the far reaches of the desert in a small home surrounded by cacti and possibly a small creek or river.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »

Dude, I also dream of living out in the desert some day. Cacti all around me. :)
Cactus = Life

gator

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +12
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »

I do concrete. Ive been doing it for about 13 years. Some hobbies of mine are fishing, collecting native American artifacts (digging them out of the ground), writing music and growing plants. I have a 4 year old pit bull named Boogie, he's like my kid. That's about it :D

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:48 AM »

I used to have a pawn shop until recently, the business was actually good but demanded too much time and my family needed me at home.
I now sell classic kung fu flicks from home and take care of most of the housework, my kids, and my dogs.  For hobbies I train in Mixed Martial Arts
and as you all know I now grow beautiful plants.  I also do construction work on the side with my cousin every once and awhile to pay the bills and extra cash.

muze801

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +7
  • USDA Zone: 5-7b
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:51 AM »

I'm currently working as a personal care aide for a man with severe cerebral palsy; I moved him into my apartment with me this spring which has allowed me to start my humble little garden. I've been working for him for a bit over 2 years now, a career turn I never would have imagined for myself. 
Before this I was studying Materials Science and Engineering and worked in a university research lab for nano-structured materials.  This job has been a very humbling, difficult, and rewarding learning experience in ways I never imagined.  I do hope to go back to school and science someday but I know that life has plenty of lessons for me before I return to academia. 

My hobbies have always been fairly intensive and eclectic, ranging from ham radio and building Tesla coils to spirituality, entheogens and plenty of things in between. Oh, and keeping with the original "circus arts" theme, I did spin a big triple-wicked fire staff at Burning Man a couple years ago (but not really before or since :P)

Tzabaoth

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »

I am a chemist by education and work in the IT space. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]