Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What Do You Do?  (Read 14121 times)

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
Re: What Do You Do?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 07:04:29 AM »

I play bass in a psychedelic ska funk band. We havent been putting as much effort into playing shows as we used to, but its still something I really enjoy in my spare time. I can also pretend like I know how to play a few other instruments, but bass is where its at.

The more I work a 9-5 job the more I feel it isn't for me, but I have to put food on the table and keep a roof over my head until I get something better figured out. I've only been selling seeds and stuff for just over two months and its been kind of reassuring to see that there definently is money to be made like that.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:28 AM »

What a coincidence. My band plays funk/reggae/ska/psychedelic. I am the lead guitarist, but I used to pay bass. I play the guitar just like a bass though with my index/middle finger used for picking. 
Cactus = Life

Saros

• Trading Score: +48
  • (x²+y²-1)³-x²y³=0
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »

The STS band! So far we'd have two bass players... not a bad start!

I used to play bass many years ago as well. Poor thing hasn't been touched in at least eight years now. Bass was fun, but I was always more of a drummer at heart. Again, I haven't been doing much in the way of serious drumming lately other than the occasional hand percussion at festivals.

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

I can play lead guitar. Hehehe.
Cactus = Life

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »

We could all invest in 4-track recorders and each lay down a track then send the tape off to the next person and put something together like that.

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »

After 5 years living and working in 5 different countries I decided return to my country and buy an old house which  I'm restoring now,is a good challenge but I 'm not expert on the subject... time will tell! ;)

Unfortunately no jobs in my country so I decided to return to school, I'm taking a solar panels/photovoltaic course, hope help's me to turn the world in a greener place!

On my free time I'm amateur on taxidermy, no haunting, just pick dead animals from the highway and try to give them an worthy ending..  about circus stuff I'm starting to play with an slackline , so far no broken bones   ;)  I also make some crazy music on my computer less often than I wanted to..

Despite this I am a regular guy, with my girlfriend, my 15 months son, my plants and 3 chickens!
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »

I work inside a kitchen at a bar and grill that's right near a state college; cooking up burgers, wings, fries, etc. It's pays the bills and my coworkers are great but I've been meaning to get back to school, only problem is I haven't figured out what I'd major in... I'd like to own my own nursery/garden/greenhouse with my own hive of bees one day, I just haven't exactly much of a plan to get there yet...

I live with my fiance who's currently taking her masters classes in Psychology, she currently works as a TSS (therapeutic staff support). It's seems apparent to me that she may always make more money than me :-[ but that isn't going to be a problem if I just take more of the house chores to make up for it ;)

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:26 PM »

I work as an appraiser. It's not terribly exciting, but has some good perks. I'm training my husband now, which is a 2 year process for licensing, and hope that after he's certified I can work behind him and transition to something I'm more passiontate about, like plants.

Other than that, I'm 36 and married with two sons. I swim pretty much daily in the summer and love bodysurfing. We used to live at a most beautiful beach, but the culture there sucked- lots of Republicans with cocaine habits ::), so now it's mostly drives to Myrtle Beach a few times a year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:19:53 PM by Frog Pajamas »

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »

Great thread!  Interesting to me to see so many interested in poi/circus  :D  I often wondered what other hobbies were shared around here.  In addition to plants, I enjoy keeping reef tanks.  I am also a huge outdoor enthusiast, of which most of my time is spent kayaking and kiteboarding.  I'm definitely a watersports guy.  Eventually I'll end up somewhere that I can surf more often.  I don't really play music but I'm a huge fan.. sounds like if some STS members put something together it'd be right up my ally! ..actually, I do play around with the didge but I use it mostly for meditation.  Been known to slap some drums from time to time too  :P

After a decade of doing anything and everything  :o I've ended up working in IT, for the past 10 years.  Not really a passion of mine and I often feel conflicted for continuing to pursue it.  But it pays decent and I've gone so far down that path now, its hard to transition out of it.  I had a part time gig taking care of saltwater reef tanks until recently.. wanted to start my own service company but my abused body is declaring no more laborious jobs. Must reserve whatever it has left for my more physically demanding hobbies  ;)
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:43:29 PM »

Slap 'de bass mon.. Slappin' da bass mon...
Cactus = Life

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 01:43:38 AM »

I am not employed, but am searching for employment in biology, a biology-related field, or lab work. I have a B.S. in Biology (and some student-loan debt).

I used to play the trumpet for fun and school band, from grades 5-12; after I settle into employment, I want to start playing again.

I'm 26, single, lack children, and have some difficulty with small-talk.

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 02:16:34 AM »

I am also a huge outdoor enthusiast, of which most of my time is spent kayaking and kiteboarding.  I'm definitely a watersports guy.  Eventually I'll end up somewhere that I can surf more often.

Nice man! I lovvve kayaking, aside from growing plants it is my biggest passion. I live half a block(city slang for around 50 yards) from a river. I like to try to get out at least 2-3x a week during the summer when it's nice out.....

Maybe its just me...but I always think golden shower when I hear someone say watersports. Lol

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 02:23:07 AM »

Maybe its just me...but I always think golden shower when I hear someone say watersports. Lol

;D ;D ;D

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »

;D LOL!  Now that's one watersport I haven't taken up.. haha.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

EIRN

• Golden Member
  • Trading Score: +212
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 02:55:03 PM »

I graduated in biology and work (until tomorrow) in a company of environmental licensing. That's how I pay my bills. I'm waiting to be called to a new job at a University, in a laboratory of Botany.

In addition to like to grow plants, like music and spiritual ceremonies involving music and plants. I play conga and maraca (kind of rattle) in these ceremonies ... and sing, too. I've been thinking about learning to play the accordion. It is a very expensive instrument, so I will need to plan very well.

I'm married and have a son and a daughter ... my treasures.

I love outdoor activities, bathing in the waterfall, a walk in the Woods, fire in night of moon ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3