Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Euphorbia Peplus sap DIY skin cancer removal  (Read 11272 times)

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Euphorbia Peplus sap DIY skin cancer removal
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:45:07 AM »

I have been using it for a few years myself and it always works for me.
The sap is very corrosive and attacks the weaker tissue first, which is always the lumpy, worty, skin cancers, and growths that my back and shoulders are covered with. (wear a shirt and hat in the sun folks.  ;)  )

The best way to explain why it works so well is to imagine poking your finger through a cooked hamburger patty VS a rib fillet or chicken breast.
The cancerous cells are like the hamburger patty. Lumpy, irregular, and lacking structure, all sort of pilled ontop of each other in a pretty random arrangement.
The rib fillet or chicken breast has an even structure to it, and lots of long fibers, each strengthening those beside it like a rope.

So the corrosive sap does irritate the surrounding tissue a bit, but at the same time it totally dissolves and removes the cancerous malformed tissue, right down deep to the roots.

All I do is add one drop of sap to the center of the growth and let it dry a bit. Then I cover with a bandaid, a piece of tape or dressing.
Repeating daily till there is a nice inflamed crater where the raised growth once was.
Takes a week normally. A month to heal the crater back to normal skin tissue with a tiny pale dot where the growth was.

I must say I am not recommending you do it as it is not for everyone, and I would have to give it a lot of serious though before applying to the face of scrotum, just sharing my experiences.
It is VERY CORROSIVE AND WILL PERMANENTLY BLIND YOU IF YOU GET IT IN YOUR EYES.
It does not tickle, and please be aware if the growth is huge, the crater will be massive. Think iceberg.

Lots of data out there about its effectiveness, and "Big Pharma" has made a couple creams they are marketing in UK apparently?
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: Euphorbia Peplus sap DIY skin cancer removal
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:48:41 AM »

Do you have any cuttings or seeds you could send me? My grandmother has skin cancer and I'd like to help her out with this.  I can't find it anywhere online with a quick search. May have to look deeper.

Edit: Found some seeds from a supplier i've never heard of ( http://www.beautanicals.com.au/RadiumWeed.html ) But if you had any cuttings/seeds I'd rather purchase from you.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:51:31 AM by New Wisdom »
Cactus = Life

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »

Forgot to say, it is a weed EVERYWHERE, including your local park, garden, footpath, field.
If you want a hand to ID it, take a pic and pm me.
Other euphorbia will work, but often attack the healthy tissue too much, so it is really best to stick to E. peplus.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:59:58 AM »

Will send some seeds. PM your address again Wisdom.

You can buy plants online, and I used to sell them myself, but they are super delicate and the sap even burns themselves, it is always best to get seeds, or pick up plants from the markets or whatever, rather than mail ordering the live plants.
They die of root rot after a couple weeks if they get knocked around a bit.

It does grow everywhere though. If you have grass you probably have it too, just takes a while to get your eye in and spot it.

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out. The Idaho fish and game website says that it grows here.  Awesome!!
Cactus = Life

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 03:35:16 AM »

Thanks for posting this. I just sent a link to my dad who's had skin cancer Im sure he'll find t very interesting.

I'm going to start reading up on identifying the stuff.

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 03:45:41 AM »

New Wisdom, packet of 50+seeds on the way. They are super tiny like loph.
I start mine like the pic. Bucket of soil with a hole in the bottom sitting half submerged in the Wolffia arrhiza pond.
They love moisture, and don't get damping off if you don't damage them.

edit. (There is a couple other plants in the bucket too. Couple types of dragonfruit seedlings and brahmi cuts, but the euphorbia is the pale green leggy stuff.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:09:35 AM by fairdinkumseeds »

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:33:39 PM »

Nice post fairdinkum! ;)

Apparently is native to most of Europe but is a strange for me...I'll be more watchful about her and try to find some specimens.. We never know when we gone need her help!

I wonder if the other types of Euphorbia (neriifolia, lupulina, celastroides and others) have the same or similar medicinal uses.
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:17 AM »

Yeah the relatives will work to some extent, but some are much more corrosive which can really be an issue.
Been a couple old folks damage bone, then lose fingers from infection.

They used Euphorbia hirta (I was told, but no ID was made) on fingers, knuckles, backs of the hands, and as the skin is really thin it went straight to the bone. There it allowed bacteria into the joint.
Bone infection is a serious issue and the end result was amputation...

I stick to E. peplus, and only on meaty muscular bits like biceps, shoulder, back.
Seen some nasty ones on noses that have been removed and just left massive holes. As the folks are generally pretty old I wonder if its really worth the discomfort and deformity at that age? 

Heard of folks using various euphorbia on genital warts with mixed results......
 :o

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 06:08:17 AM »

My grandma's skin cancer is on her cheek bones. Seems like it might be a bad idea to use it there.
Cactus = Life

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 07:54:48 AM »

It is effective, but it is pretty invasive and there is pain involved?
Quality of life is always the most important consideration.
Here is an interesting blog>>>

http://plantmed.blogspot.com.au/2004_02_01_archive.html

Auxin

• Trading Score: +65
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Odd, the plant shown by that seed dealer looks very different to all the plant pics at Daves Garden
The dealer plants (or at least the clearer top pic) have thicker serrated leaves with a different overall shape and different petiole.

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 02:04:05 AM »

Bloody internet keeps dropping out when I try and load the daves garden site. Driving me nuts.
Anyway, here are a couple pics from here.
The seeds looks just like a parasitic tick and is super tiny. If you are gonna try and collect seed don't get sap on them or the container your harvesting into or they won't grow.
Best way to collect a plant to start you off is to dig the plant out whole, with a foot of dirt either side intact.
Then plant the big plug of soil in a pot and keep well watered.
Little ones will come up either side from where the seed has dropped, and when they are really just shoots they transplant pretty easily.

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »

Heard of folks using various euphorbia on genital warts with mixed results......

you have really brave friends!  ;D

Perhaps we can use the corrosive sap to clean some brass or other metals? ???
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:19:19 PM by Roze »
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »

I do not believe I've ever seen that plant before. Sounds very interesting. Might I be able to get some seeds off you. Willing to trade whatever for some!
Spreading love!
Pages: [1] 2