Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Great forums on ethnobotanicals  (Read 4976 times)

modern

• Trading Score: +199
Great forums on ethnobotanicals
« on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:28 AM »

So as winter approaches lots of different forums start to slow down due to high US membership.

I don't always post on other forums but was wondering if you guys could share a few forums with enthogardens on the off chance I haven't seen it before. I like reading through the archives as there is usually information that is sometimes overlooked/lost. Even if only a subforum for the garden I'd be interested.

shaman-australis is nice due to different hemispheres and cacti posts
the nook has amazing archives and still a little active
shroomery has a nice core group
nexus is nice but hate that I can't see the photos most of the time and sign up is closed

Once in a while I find some nice foreign cacti forums and tend to spend a few days looking at the photos sometimes making accounts just to see the photos.

Just something I found funny was I rediscovered http://botanicalswap.org/forums/index.php and found out I made an account 2 years ago and never posted. The idea behind it was nice too bad it didn't blossom.

Does the aya forum have a garden section? Last time I ran into that forum was a mention about d.cab and someone making the first reference I could find about red caapi having power in the vine and light in the leaves. Has anyone ever tested that?
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Auxin

• Trading Score: +65
Re: Great forums on ethnobotanicals
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 04:41:49 AM »

Not an entheobotanical forum, but you might give The Earth Garden a look if you want some archives to browse. Its part ethnobotany, part homesteader stuff, part environmental news, sprinkled with the occasional pic of a poppy or a Trichocereus-on-a-stick.