Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Share your life story~!  (Read 6304 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
Share your life story~!
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »

Here at the great STS we share. Sharing is caring so i shall share some things that have been going on in my life recently! :D

Well i'm currently studying Computer Information Systems. Hoping to get a good job. I'm working a real job for the first time ever. It pays fairly well for a first job, a little over minimum wage. Right now i'm trying to adjust and be more efficient with my time and studying and what not. I'm really wanting to expand the garden but the soil out here is VERY hard to harvest so i have to buy meh own from a commercial place. I want to start composting but my dad says it'll attract bugs even though we already have a ton of bugs. I really want to start growing mushrooms but i'm so afraid i'll contaminate them :'( I have a reishi spore here somewhere that a kind individual so graciously blessed me with. I'm also trying to expand my knowlege of mycology and considering investing in purchasing spores. Sadly mushroom spores don't seem to circulate STS very much sadly, considering mushrooms can grow more food per square inch than many, many plants. I'd love to get enough money to purchase an urban building and turn it into a large grow room. Or even turn the camper into a nice grow room. I hear that Vertical Farming is a really interesting thing to look into.

Besides hoping to attend an ONAC ceramony there isn't much going on in my life besides work, school, gardening, and the internet. thats all the recent stuff.

Besides that i've had a bittersweet, good and bad, experience of a life, so far. I've had to deal with depression, escapism, confusion, potentially PTSD or an Anxiety Disorder, and alot of stressful dysfunction in my family life. I've been put on medications on and off and i never really got help from much of psychiatry though i believe in it's practice but felt that it needs improvement and potentially reform. I have alot of good memories and positive experiences that have also shaped who i am today.

I guess this is less of a life story and more of a generalized summary but i wanted to share this. I also want to learn more about the lives of other STS members and so if you're okay with sharing a little bit about yourself please do so. so far i've used this website mainly for expanding my ability to grow different plants but i haven't gotten to know everyone as much as i should considering how generous and friendly everyone is around here. I feel like i could say more but i don't know how to phrase it so i'll leave it as it is. Thanks for those who've taken the time to read this :) Seeds and Peace -- Mr Seeds
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
Re: Share your life story~!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 02:33:02 AM »

There once was a mensch from nantucket
Who liked to make rhymes about kicking the bucket
So one day he saw a great white whale
And said to Ahab "Let's set sail"
And Ahab, standing still on his ivory leg
Told the smithee "All aboard if you will
may these days be long and hard, the journy long and arduous
The nights long and hard like a big black bird bone
The days hot and heavy and full of sand
To death do we rush
These words we will not hush
Set sail for that whale, on whose back the smithee sails
let the end come about, for what is the reason for smiling
When all the reasons for smiling are wrong?

BY life story can we make it into a short story of sorts  ;) how about just how we came into being? Is that enough?
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

BY life story can we make it into a short story of sorts  ;) how about just how we came into being? Is that enough?

;D Sure, mostly i just wanted to get to know other STS members more. It doesn't have to be a "life story" or a "short story" or anything really. it can be whatever yall want. Also nice poetic short story btw :D
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:43:05 PM »

how about just how we came into being? Is that enough?

It was a hot summer night about 27 years ago. My parent had just put older brother to bed...

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 02:47:06 AM »

A long long time ago in a township far far away, there were two freakin' frisky grown up kids fooling around with each-other, lost in the depths of drunken delirium.

Not before long Cupid's Sledgehammer smited them in their youthful folly and bound their hearts together in the burning erotic frenzy of the eternal moment, the male, fumbling his hands around in his pockets, searching for the right protective devices, found only a milky way wrapper to shield his semen from the vaginal walls which ruin lives with children made by and delivered to recipients devoid of the necessary animal husbandry experience or other such familial qualifications, still fairly well put together with minimal tear. As many a great engineer has told himself time and time again after too many days at the races, he too mumbled to himself "eh, it's close enough".

With a mischievous up-to-no-good grin smeared all over his silly sly self, raising a wild and adventurous eye to his female companion, he slyly said, in cool, calm and collected tone of the Smooth Criminal he was, is and always will ever be to me, "Hey baby, you know what i'm thinking?" A follow-up wink echoed from his left eye and washed over the static stillness of the moment. With the tiniest wink of an eye, her eyes lit up, soul struck with the spark of the uncontrollable urge of cosmic creation, closed the gap between them, and grabbing the milky way wrapper, responded with fingers criss-crossed behind her back, "Don't worry-i'm on the pill."

The passion reached a fever pitch and one thing led to another which led to another which led to morning sickness, a positive sign, and a whole lotta love and guilt and brain-wracking self-loathing which ended up with me being pooped out nine months later. All great things start as little accidents, I guess  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:07:05 AM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »

LOLZ! that is awesome.