Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Long-time plant grower, new to rare plants  (Read 215 times)

businesslizard

Long-time plant grower, new to rare plants
« on: June 12, 2024, 06:18:18 PM »

Hey, nice to meet y'all.

I'm from the southern US, and I've been growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc. for years, I have a small homestead setup in my backyard.

At one point, I was diagnosed with a condition that requires me to take medication that doesn't feel great. So I figured I would try homeopathic options. While they're not ideal, they're still MUCH better than that shit that comes in a bottle.

So I started collecting active plants and experimenting, grew some cool fungi, etc. But I've become sorta obsessed with the idea of collecting hard-to-find plants. Some of my favorites are not active plants, or even that hard to find/grow, but they're plants that you can't just go out an get whenever you want: Ecuador Palora dragonfruit, Sweet Granadilla passionfruit, Berbere brown pepper, etc.

But also, my active plant collection has been growing. Still looking for chaliponga and kratom for anyone interested in trading. Glad to be here, looking forward to meeting a few of you.

Picture attached is my latest addition, Salvia divinorum with some SP cacti in the backdrop.