Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 5129 times)

C.R.E.A.M.

• Trading Score: +3
Hello everyone!
« on: December 13, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »

Hello, I recently came across this site while searching for info on some seed germination and would really like to become a member here.
I have limited knowledge on most this stuff, but am eager to learn as much as possible. Thank you!

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »

Welcome! I like your profile picture. Nice shot and cool grows. I look forward to learning and sharing with you :)

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:18:01 AM »

Welcome to Share The Seeds. As a new member myself I can say this is a special place. I see you are already growing a fair amount. Can you tell me how long you have been growing your Coffee plant? I have some Ethiopian Arabica sprouting but several batches have damped off so I will bleach soak the next handful of seed to see if that helps. I just got a yellow berry Bourbon leaf I am attempting to root.
   I can offer you some Syrian Rue seed if you have some well draining soil in a full sun location it should do well it likes it fairly dry. Best regards and keep coming back mj.

C.R.E.A.M.

• Trading Score: +3
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »

Welcome to Share The Seeds. As a new member myself I can say this is a special place. I see you are already growing a fair amount. Can you tell me how long you have been growing your Coffee plant? I have some Ethiopian Arabica sprouting but several batches have damped off so I will bleach soak the next handful of seed to see if that helps. I just got a yellow berry Bourbon leaf I am attempting to root.
   I can offer you some Syrian Rue seed if you have some well draining soil in a full sun location it should do well it likes it fairly dry. Best regards and keep coming back mj.
I have been growing this plant for just over a year. I got it as a seedling so sadly I don't have much info on germination. I have had a fair share of damping off with other seedlings, its no fun! I have grown Syrian Rue 1 time in the past and I struggled to get them past seedling, then I changed a bunch of stuff in my approach and the lone survivor got so big it out grew its grow area. (I don't have much room)
Thank you for the welcoming vibe and hope to see ya around!  :)

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »

Hello C.R.E.A.M.  Glad you found the site and welcome to the forum. :)
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »

Welcome to STS. Take a look around and give a shout if you need anything.  :)

Peace,
Frog

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »

Welcome ! :)
Praise is mandatory.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 01:57:10 PM »

Welcome to STS!
Spreading love!

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »

Welcome. I have never had the pleasure of meeting an anunnakian before. What's Nibiru like? I myself am from mars before the collapse of Atlantis. I grew my coffee from seed, six months maybie. You just inspired me to transplant him. He hasn't been too happy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:51:48 PM by Tragicfalacygtr2 »
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »

When your coffee plant is large enough you can start to pick leaves and dry them in the sun then you can make green tea with them. Super high in antioxidants almost no caffeine may be the next big drink. Year round leaf harvest is a big source of income for small coop growers. The more coffee we grow the better, coffee has become the lungs of the planet. Best regards mj.

http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/fitch-br_made/Nutrition.htm
http://www.nrdc.org/health/farming/ccc/chap4.asp
http://www.gaggia-usa.com/coffee/bean-to-cup/nav/28
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:34:48 PM by mj »