Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone like to read?  (Read 8561 times)

reds

• Trading Score: +5
  • Resident Panthiest
Anyone like to read?
« on: April 01, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »

I've started writing a story. I'm going to release it in chunks of about 1200 words (so each piece can be read in about 5 minutes.)

Reviews and critiques welcome.

http://wp.me/P5qC6v-b
(Its just a WordPress link.)

If its not too much trouble, please like, share, pin, tweet, and all that...
When I get 10 comments, I'll post part II.
"I admit that my visions can never mean to other men as much as they do to me.. All I ask is that my results should convince seekers (of) truth that there is beyond doubt something worth seeking."

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Re: Anyone like to read?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »

I like it.  I too am a writer and determined to write my first novel.  My first bit of advice.. The color selection for background and font make it difficult to read.  To the point of being distracting.  I almost gave up a couple of times bc of it.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »

spooky
No living organism should be illegal.

kushijuana

• ~Transcendence~
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »

This seems to be a very intriguing start for a story here. I'd be more than interested in hearing more! please share :P
“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis"

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 07:34:10 AM »

I like it.  I too am a writer and determined to write my first novel.  My first bit of advice.. The color selection for background and font make it difficult to read.  To the point of being distracting.  I almost gave up a couple of times bc of it.

As an aspiring author as well, I would like to urge you to PLEASE increase the color contrast between the font and the background. When I opened it up, my untrained eye thought there was nothing there but complete darkness. I had to strain my eyes just to see the text and found it very difficult to read it at my normal pace; some sentences made less sense because I wasn't able to see each word in the text. It's always the little things which lead people astray from a writer's words. As Soulgrower said, the black-on-black color scheme is horribly distracting and deterring and screwed up my comprehension of the text, ultimately making me copy and paste it out to a more desirable contrast for ease of reading. i'd suggest you change the color scheme ASAP--its really annoying and confusing.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax