Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about Miracle Berry (Synsepalum dulciferum) germination and growth  (Read 3541 times)

onion

• Trading Score: +44
  • Why?

I'm doing a little research project with Miracle Berries right now.  One thing that I've noticed is that a portion of the seedlings have shot up multiple shoots.  These are largely confined to one of the treatments that I'm using, but not the others.  I haven't grown these before, so I'm not sure how common this is.  I'm speculating that most if not all seedlings will eventually produce multiple shoots, and that the treatment simply hastened it.  Has anyone grown miracle berries?  If so, did you observe some, most, or all seedlings producing multiple shoots?
How?

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......

Longan (Dimocarpus longan), Icecream bean (Inga edulis) and Biwa/Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica) seedlings all do it too.
Makes it a right pain in the butt to pot them up. They end up suckering heaps too, even after you remove the first lot of side shoots.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact