Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Why Grass is the way it is. Why Grass doesn't care how you feel.  (Read 3609 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
Why Grass is the way it is. Why Grass doesn't care how you feel.
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:04:52 PM »

If you've ever gone out into a field and saw grass you probably think less of it. To me; I relate to it actually. To the untrained eye each blade looks exactly the same but with a little attention to detail you can plainly see Grass communicating and giving up after it doesn't get what it wants and then spreading it's argument to the rest of the world.

Grass happens to be a unique plant family. The family has ties with Corn, Wheat, Barley, Phalaris, various "weeds", and plain old lawn grass. It has connections to Cattail, the earth itself, the soil it grows in. It even leaves a tiny, tiny mark wherever you step. it's around when you are. If you pluck it it usually responds by coming outside of the earth. If you water it it actually grows and develops color. If you dry it out and give it nothing and there's nothing for it to sustain itself like all organisms Grass dies off and is forgotten about.

Grass tells you a story; do you listen to it? It develops drugs like Grammine (essentially a communication if you will; "I have something very precious growing inside me and I know how you can be") which are also of little interest and paid very little attention to humans.

Grass gets cut, Grass is just a plant you don't want to grow because when it's wild it physically makes it harder for humans to walk around because it surprises us with how big it is; how it's a physical obstacle forcing ourselves to think more carefully about where we go in life and what we're stepping on. Grass is such a big family.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Why Grass is the way it is. Why Grass doesn't care how you feel.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:56:33 PM »

fastest growing plant: Grass (bamboo)
large family indeed, I believe within commilidae several subgroups qualify as "grass" others can be palms for example, reeds, crops, bamboo and everything that basically shares the familiar shape is "grass"
the grammine actually can be of purpose I read of a study that showed livestock shies away from eating gramminge rich diet, should they be infected by certain worms tho, they munch it as a necessary bad to drive out or kill the worms
I'm certain its pure self defense or might also aid other steps in the metabolism not the protection of certain treasures as many grasses contain grammine that lack anythibg of particular interest and at the same time munchin grass didnt do much besides nurturing and getting a bad stomach for anyone yet :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:20:47 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
Re: Why Grass is the way it is. Why Grass doesn't care how you feel.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 07:00:55 AM »

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax