Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Harvesting Klip Dagga and Intoxicating Mint  (Read 4484 times)

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
Harvesting Klip Dagga and Intoxicating Mint
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »

I'm growing these two for the first time, and I'm not sure when, how, or what parts to harvest. The Klip Dagga began flowering a month ago, and it continues to grow taller and make new flowers. The intoxicating mint has flowered and has turned brown and dry. What am I supposed to do at this point?
Kratom is my fountain of youth.

arborescent

• Trading Score: +33
  • phytognostic
Re: Harvesting Klip Dagga and Intoxicating Mint
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:21:25 AM »

The best portion of klip dagga to use is the flowers in my experience. I pick the fallen ones from the ground, or gently tug on the ones on the flower ball, those which are about to fall off will come right out. You can also use the leaves/stems too though, so maybe wait till you have all the seed pods you want turn brown and dry the whole thing for tea.
I really like chewing on some of the fallen flowers from my plant, puts me in a relaxed gardening mood, dagga has a beautiful personality  8)

For intoxicating mint, you mean Lagochilus, right? I think the leaves are most useful in that plant, but I've never had one myself...

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 12:55:00 AM »

Save some of the mint seeds for me please. I can't offer any harvest advice though.

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »

The spikes on the flower clusters are sharp. If you hold it carefully you can tug them out of the cluster intact without getting jabbed.

When you tug one out you'll notice a nectar droplet at the base. It's sweet stuff.