Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pet Peyote, Peyote in a keychain :P  (Read 7669 times)

Rife

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +14
Pet Peyote, Peyote in a keychain :P
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:31:47 PM »

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, just stumbled across this today and thought you guys might get a kick out of it... they have pedros too..

These are real, live, baby lophophora williamsii. Growing in a small capsule just 4cm tall - you can take it with you where ever you go... They are so simple to care for. Just give it light and a little water. You can transplant it to a larger pot when it has outgrown the capsule.

http://divinecactus.com/epages/200c5f73-7ede-4f2d-ad56-1a1137b1521c.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/200c5f73-7ede-4f2d-ad56-1a1137b1521c/Products/23

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Pet Peyote, Peyote in a keychain :P
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »

I dont have my mind made up and I dont want to necessarely spoil all the fun, but I cant get over what theese remind me of, despite being miles "better":

Theese keychains are sold containing live animals that will suffer to death, the cactus now in comparison isnt doomed as Rife says, but whats troubling me is the mindset and maybe the lack of respect, no matter if its a plant or animal.

Any thoughts on it ? As I said, I have my mind made up about the animals and maybe its just the similarity that strikes me hard, I sure dont want to judge before thinking and maybe discussing. Also I know little about a cactus needs, but I know it needs light at last and orientation also means something to a plant. So maybe something is wrong here - maybe I'm just sick because of that flashback posted above.

And yeah sorry for being the moralfascist
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:58:19 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

chamomeleon

• Trading Score: +31
  • I have a fever...... and the only cure is more cacti
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »

Live turtles in keychains?  What the hell man, thats some messed up shit.  >:(
There was a young lass from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
It was not round and pink
as you might think
But had ears and a tail, and ate grass.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:09:57 AM »

Yeap, cant get over the resemblance. I know it always appears we have less moral dilemma with plants, we breed and prune and select and modify and treat them... even make bonsai which is, if we look at it, some kind or really cruel thing. And the keychain then again doesnt appear as worse anymore, since its kept in an unusual place but if treated right, fed and watered and lighted well. ... but something feels wrong, maybe the plant suddenly becomes a toy or souvenir ? Calling it divine doesnt make it better.

So could someone help my confusion and tell me if I am overacting :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:15:00 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

Rife

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:15:27 AM »

Lol yeah that was the first thing I thought of too, or those sealed glass bubbles with octopuses in them. I guess it could be argued that it allows the 'gardener' to spend 24/7 with his plant, and become really close to it. I think it also depends on the person's life style, if they were working at a desk all day this might be actually be awesome. It would probably end up dead with 15 minutes of traveling with me  :D

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:23:11 AM »

The mainstream person would not think much of it and its probably not the worst of things in the world to do. However due to the fact a plants alive I'm sure it knows its in there and probably doesn't much appreciate it. I do believe plants are sentient beings. Then again they are accustom to being in one place naturally their entire lives so would it enjoy being moved around or not den pending on if its needs are met properly? Its a hard call only the plant could make. Or does the human love for the plant have a positive effect knowing its being cared for?

Either way crazy stuff

...and the animal thing is sickening...
Spreading love!

Rife

• Trader
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:22:29 AM »

I believe the baby chicken head band is an art piece outcrying against cruelty to animals.

A mushroom container would be cool, with little vents to allow spores out. The mycelium would probably thank you for spreading the spores :) break off a piece of a cake, or make some mini pf's  ;D

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 05:27:21 AM »

Cacti seedlings die off by the thousands in the desert due to harsh conditions. Having a human carry you around and water you as a little cactus is probably like heaven compared to it's actual habitat. I wouldn't call it cruel.  \

Once they get too big you open it and plant it in a pot too.  No dead peyote. Unless you forget to water it or it gets sunburnt, but that happens normally anyways sometimes.
Cactus = Life

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »

Wow I love the keychain!
I always wanted to wear a divine Cactus talisman.
I will build one, using a copper mini pot, inside the glass capsule.
Since I'm too crazy about copper, even more than women who worship gold.
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 09:11:28 PM »

I dont know if cacti like acidic or the opposite (i guess its more on that side) soil, buuuut http://rhizotest.cirad.fr/en/applied-research/case-study/phytotoxicity
Praise is mandatory.

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 11:15:23 PM »

I like the the idea of having a plant on a necklace. I have a friend blowing me some mini glass flasks. I was going to put a orchid in them and string them as pendants. The downside I imagine is that the plant would not develop the necessary antibodies and immunities necessary to survive in a competitive environment. The turtles and newts keychain is a awful horrible thing to do to an organism that depends on movement to survive. Even a large fish tank does not suffice for most animals.
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »

MANY orchid species are MOSTLY born in a flask and get hardened later. It works ;)
Praise is mandatory.

steveoi812

• Trading Score: +13
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 11:44:37 PM »

anyone have a link to the shipping policy???