Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Aquaponics, Greenhouses, and Gardening Structures Thread  (Read 5856 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK

Hi guys, in another part of the forum i talked about the possibilities of talking about building greenhouses and an aquaponics systems but decided to take the advice of my fellow seedians and consider creating a general thread for talk of advanced gardening structures until the day comes that we are able to devote a separate thread entirely to gardening structures, if we come to that bridge that is. If you ever find a nice discussion or media on how to build a structure and maintain it; be it simple or complex, small or large scale, expensive or cheap, please share it here in this thread! :)

Thank you.  ;D
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
Re: The General Aquaponics, Greenhouses, and Gardening Structures Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »

Great thread. I tried to start a thread for sustainable architectures concept art a while ago, but never posted further. http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=2841.msg21855#msg21855

I printed this out a while ago with the intent of one day constructing something similar.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:49:57 PM by Tragicfalacygtr2 »
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »

Link to a YouTube video with a setup similar to this starts at 7:59 https://m.

The aquaponics structure is inside a greenhouse that also has a compost heat generator and a vermiculture component.
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »

I finally understand I was wrong all the time, assuming Aquaponics is just a different or fancy way of saying hydroponics. Not to myself and everyone who maybe didnt know either: Aquaponics = Hydroponics + (Aquaculture = Fish).
Praise is mandatory.

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:25 PM »

Aquaponics sorta involves fish and fertilizing your plants with fix poo. But i figured other structures could be covered, like greenhouses, virtical farming, and just any gardening structure. :)
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:47 PM »

So the idea is that I can raise fish without their water going really bad like full of nitrogen and then algea amd at the same time the fish make my homemade hydro-soup from organic matter ?
Praise is mandatory.

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »

yep :)

caso

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 07:06:36 AM »

thank you for sharing info     ;)

gclub