Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: organic resource  (Read 5616 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
organic resource
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:57 AM »

For those interested in the matters of which companies are truly organic by not only products but by philosophy then you might wanna check out the sites here. The organic food sector is incredibly corrupt and misleading to the point that it exploits people who think they are being conscious consumers. In the 90s the organic market place was taking off and the big guys surely noticed!

Today IMO 70% plus of organic products in places such as whole foods, Earth Origins market, fresh market, Richard's, etc are either totally BS or support non organic philosophy at the end of the day. Take into account several once truly organic companies were sold from their original owners who had the organic dream and bought up by multinational companies. They saw the pie and wanted to jump in and get their piece during the organic boom.

Now we are left with these predicaments that need be solved ASAP! Take this for example...

1. The big boys( Nestlé, coca cola, Pepsi, etc) offered massive amounts to up and coming organic companies in order to eliminate competition. If you can't beat them...buy them. Some of the purchases made were so grossly large that the owners just can't refuse. The big boys knowing that it would take decades to recap their money in actual profits but its worth it to them just to get in there and control the supposed competition.
2. Once they take over most of the profits from their organic companies are used to fund campaigns to support things such as the up and coming D.A.R.K. act and other efforts to not label GMO products. So essentially they are using the people who think they are conscious shoppers to actually fund the end of organic all together under their noses!
3. When the big guys take over they lower the company standards to the minimum requirements of what organic is in and of itself. Buying technically organic products produced with rock derived minerals since they are technically natural and organic. However that is like using an organic version of what is essentially a product like miracle grow. It might be organic but using straight water to feed minerals organic or not depletes soil composition by way of nutrients and beneficial organisms. Not hardly a organic means by philosophy which entitles building a good soil environment that supports the Earth systems in total.
4. Another technical problem is using supposedly organic fertilizers in the form of animal manure. The cows poop is natural and technically an organic product but however the feed lot cows it came from were fed GMO grains and pumped full of BS vaccines and such. It has been said that these chemicals persist and are absorbed back into the plants and then we eat it...hardly organic again.
5. Just because its GMO project verified doesn't mean shit! Half the products claiming GMO free with their label cannot be GMO free. Corn, Canola, Cotton, Soy, and papaya are so GMO tainted that word from the organic grape vine says there seriously isn't any untainted varieties of any of those crops left. Even in heirloom varieties... sorry folks! Besides that the non GMO project has a GMO allowance of a small quantity in the products. Its 10% I think but am not totally sure. That's how companies using things like zanthan gum which is a GMO lab bacterium product still get GMO free certification. Now that said bare in mind as well that companies only need to apply here and there for non GMO verification so in between applying they let their standards drop until they need verification again. Studies have shown 365 brand GMO free cornflakes at whole foods to contain up to 50% GMO content by weight! Hardly a system that proves things as GMO free IMO.

Theres way more to this than what I've described and I too probably gave crappy examples! However find your answers here:

http://www.organicconsumers.org

http://www.cornucopia.org

At these sites you can find flow charts of who owns the organic sector as well as scorecards on who actually has the most reputable organic products.

The original intent of the post lol...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:32:30 AM by MadPlanter »
Spreading love!

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: organic resource
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:23:56 PM »

Just thought of something stupid. What if someone in the organic community that has ties to mother earth news or anything like that did a big reputable article on the very fact that they are trying to hide their shitty GMO ingredients. Several points could be made.

1. Don't they want to stand behind their products? Why are they trying to hide from them? Why aren't they proud to say that's my GMO product and I feel its good and good for you?
2. The very point above should lead one to believe that there must be a reason why they aren't standing by their product fully insight on the food label. Isn't that a better marketing practice? Makes me think they know of the serious safety concerns so therefore keep it a hidden agenda to keep the very words "contains GMOs" off a label. Scared to to stand up for yourself in that manner Monsanto? Maybe its easier not to take blame when your products cause ills if you hide from it being on labels?
3. Need there even be anymore reasons seriously... its easy to see what's happening if you've informed yourself. From a company that wants to own all food they are not proud enough to not care if its secret or not on a label.
4. However, for the sake of more reasons, they viciously attack anyone they can for many reasons. Build huge legal protection walls around them to protect them from small competition from organic farmers, health lawsuits, and hiding from their own products...
5.Again proud enough fight legally on all fronts but not enough just to be transparent about their supposedly miracle products.

Hugh sigh...
Spreading love!

• Trading Score: +2
  • ___/23\___/23\___
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:38:08 PM »

I'm sure monsanto will not survive the next 5 years anyway.
It wouldn't make sense if it did. Too much negative influence on the earth.
btw do you know the chemtrails actually killed 50% of all the plancton?
I mean this is so bewilderingly cruel that they'll surely pay, and mark my words it'll be before 2017.
the jimi hendrix stamps are so cool!! i sticked them on my laptop :)
Zone: Caput Mundi

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:47:34 AM »

I'd say if 50% of the plankton in the ocean was gone the food web will crash next to immediately in the near future. Idk if I can voice that I believe that has happened but it really wouldn't surprise me that much with the sick twisted stuff being pulled off these days. I'll have to read about that its very interesting.

Glad you liked the stamps!

Peace
Spreading love!

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »

Even if the company Monsanto is no more in 5 years, I don't now how much longer after that it's going to take to remove everything they created... there's a lot Monsanto in the gene pool of the commonly eaten plant kingdom at this point...

• Trading Score: +2
  • ___/23\___/23\___
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 12:49:01 PM »

Even if the company Monsanto is no more in 5 years, I don't now how much longer after that it's going to take to remove everything they created... there's a lot Monsanto in the gene pool of the commonly eaten plant kingdom at this point...
napalm strike
Zone: Caput Mundi