Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2330 times)

DarkPines

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +25
  • I only exist in your dreams.
Hello!
« on: September 02, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »

Greetings STS. I was introduced through a post on reddit. Thought it would be a worthy idea to come join over here and spend some time with you guys. I see there is much to learn :)

I guess I will explain some of me. Obviously I love gardening and growing things. I have a garden right now, mostly cacti, but I have some other cool things like kratom, and acacia. I grow berries and veggies as well. I also have some herbs and medicinal plants too. I have been growing plants since I was young so I am passionate about what I am able to do. I also love going out in my local area and identifying plants and fungi that I find. I have been doing this for a few years now. It is one of my favorite hobbies.

As far as being here, I would really like to gather some gardening tips and knowledge on what I have growing currently. Maybe trade some seeds or live plant at some point. I live in a pretty good climate for growing most things so I have a lot of fun trying new things out.

see yall around  8)

OfCows

• Trading Score: +75
  • Glad to be here!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:06:03 PM »

Hey DarkPines, welcome to STS :D

Judging from the time of your post here, I think that might even have been one of mine over on Reddit...whatever, it's great here and I'm sure you'll fit right in! Which Acacias are you growing? I've just ordered a literal shedload of a few more obscure species...exciting stuff.

;) Enjoy,

OfCows
A man's errors are his portals to discovery...

DarkPines

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 01:41:08 AM »

Lol yea someone mentioned this place, and does so periodically so I figured I would actually join in now. I really like the idea of this place and really want a nice spot to discuss these topics here.

Unfortunately I dont have any exciting spieces of Acacia, just two small Confusa cuttings. They tried to die on me as soon as I got them in the post. I had to emergency repot with new soil and find a fitting spot for sun/shade quickly. They are coming back now and have new growth :). Never grown one of these before so it is exciting. I hope I get to see them flower one day. I have a few other cool things growing as well. I want to make a post about it here but I got this new trichocereus peruvianus rooted cutting, and its some cultivar name I have never heard of and can not find much info on. Maybe someone here might be able to shed some light on it.

Peace m8  8) <3

OfCows

• Glad to be here!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »

It's great here so I do what I can to bring more folks in! Shame about your confusa, I've had similar troubles with a few acuminata I was given. Hit me up when you're promoted to Trader-level and I can probably sort you out some interesting Acacia seeds - I'm waiting on ten or so species and varieties and will have plenty to share!

Definitely post about your garden too! What's the peruvianus cultivar?

DarkPines

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:24:45 PM »

It was sold to me as California Catepillar. Its a beautiful cactus! Am I able to make a post somewhere about obtaining some info on its genetic history possibly? Rather any info on the cactus at all. I cant dig anything up on it.

OfCows

• Glad to be here!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 02:33:14 PM »

Try the Botanical Information or Plant Science boards, I reckon!