Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pleasure to meet you  (Read 2495 times)

Tzabaoth

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
Pleasure to meet you
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:14 AM »

A new friend who has some rather divineplants introduced me to this forum.  I am rather excited.  I am a scientist by background but now that my kids are in college I have some time to enjoy one of my other passions, horticulture.  I have a very nice new garden this season with 24 inch raised beds.   Most of my crops this year were clones from last year that I managed to keep growing in hydroponic systems over the winter.  I like to grow some more unique, uncommon, and heirloom varieties of, well, anything; from alfalfa sprouts and stevia to wasabi and beyond. 

I hope to make some friends, learn a lot of new things and perhaps get some new species in my garden.

Warm regards,

.: Tzabaoth

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: Pleasure to meet you
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »

Welcome to STS Tzabaoth!

You came to the right place to expand your garden! That's pretty awesome that you're growing wasabi.  I have never seen a wasabi plant before.  Once you become a full member maybe I can convince you to trade me a clone for something. Hehe.  ;D 

You can become a full member by contributing in some way. Adding to the plant/seed galleries, posting useful information, sharing pictures of your garden, ect...  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for joining!
New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

isaak

• Trading Score: +60
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »

Welcome Tzabaoth! It's always great to have new members who have been introduced to the forum via word-of-mouth. I'd love to see the hydroponic setup you were using over the winter! Uncommon is our specialty ;) Take care and enjoy your stay.
The more I talk to birds, the better I get.

Tzabaoth

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »

Attaching a pic of the hydro system from the winter. The lighting is not conducive to taking pictures but you can make out the Aeroflo2 18 site system, my primary system.  From the foreground to the back we have basil, strawberries, green zebra tomatoes, purple Cherokee tomatoes, jalapeƱos, cilantro and dill.

Regards,

-Tzabaoth

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »

Welcome to sts! Hope you find some cool new plants to grow! Will trade you something someday for a wasabi plant too!
Spreading love!

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »

Welcome to STS. I look forward to sharing with you.