Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: URGENT!!! Especially FL members but all the rest too!  (Read 12039 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
URGENT!!! Especially FL members but all the rest too!
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »

Today is a sad day for FL and also sorry for the extremely short notice.

Today the FL House voted and passed a bill to make Kratom illegal outright in the state of FL. Not even an age limit... On Monday the FL Senate votes on this bill and if it passes FL  is outta luck on people whom use Kratom for energy and/or relaxation depending on type, help with opioid withdrawal, pain relief, etc.

Its horrible as I personally love Kratom. I also love pot(not trying to break rules just saying) and feel in no way really all things considered is pot at all that dangerous. However that being said I feel Kratom is even more benign and less dangerous than even good old pot/weed. I mean the feeling Kratom produces is divine like pot but pot is actually way more dissociative and inebriating than Kratom. Also here in FL we are pushing heavily to legalize pot and now we're gonna make and even less of a concern plant illegal! Outrageous!

FL peeps do whatever you can. Call your senators and express your opinions on Kratom it may just stop this deal albeit its at the door knocking. NY was proposing an outright ban as well but reduced it to age 21 or older to buy after being educated by Kratom users. We can do this peeps stand up for your right to choose!

MP

Spreading love!

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
Re: URGENT!!! Especially FL members but all the rest too!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 12:09:32 AM »

That sucks. I don't even find it addictive. I make tea for work all the time. I used to order from kraken kratom but they won't ship to my state anymore.  :(
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

Urban Elements

• αγρότης κάνναβης (50Tree)
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +21
  • Organized Confusion!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:57:17 AM »

Sadly I have a feeling that by years end it will be all of the states.

It's been on the chopping block for a while and it's looking like the gov is about to chop off it's head.

A local friend runs a store that sells tons of kratom and his last 2 orders of 50 kilos where seized.
“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:04:51 AM »

I believe Georgia will be voting on kratom soon too. The idea of banning something like krstom is just so backwards and ignorant. Maybe I should buy a kilo or three now, just because I can.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:05 AM »

If pharmaceutical companies had a patent on it, there'd be advertisements convincing people it was good for them. :)
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:59 AM »

This really sucks... I love 2 g of white kratom for energy. There are no white vain kratom plants in circulation is there?
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:02:04 AM »

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 05:32:37 AM »

Buy it cheap,  Stock it deep

Worse case you could work out a forwarding service from a legal state ? and/or just find a vendor that will ship regardless

I love kratom, ben a daily user for better than 5 years (have not ben addicted to H or synthetics for just as long)

Hate the State

III%

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:32 AM »

Today is a sad day for FL and also sorry for the extremely short notice.

Today the FL House voted and passed a bill to make Kratom illegal outright in the state of FL. Not even an age limit... On Monday the FL Senate votes on this bill and if it passes FL  is outta luck on people whom use Kratom for energy and/or relaxation depending on type, help with opioid withdrawal, pain relief, etc.

Its horrible as I personally love Kratom. I also love pot(not trying to break rules just saying) and feel in no way really all things considered is pot at all that dangerous. However that being said I feel Kratom is even more benign and less dangerous than even good old pot/weed. I mean the feeling Kratom produces is divine like pot but pot is actually way more dissociative and inebriating than Kratom. Also here in FL we are pushing heavily to legalize pot and now we're gonna make and even less of a concern plant illegal! Outrageous!

FL peeps do whatever you can. Call your senators and express your opinions on Kratom it may just stop this deal albeit its at the door knocking. NY was proposing an outright ban as well but reduced it to age 21 or older to buy after being educated by Kratom users. We can do this peeps stand up for your right to choose!

MP

I do not agree with prohibition in any way, I do however agree with regulation similar to what New York has done.

Here Kratom has been illegal since 1937, it was initially done because Kratom could not be taxed by the state and opium could. So in order to keep the opium industry and govt happy Kratom was outlawed. While it is far more benign than alcohol there is still a real possibility for abuse as a substance. The evidence can be seen in a large section of the rural and/or working poor here. It is a real shame that there is no real long term data about this, the govt placed a ban on research in the 70's when they signed the UN Narcotics Convention.

As a medicine Kratom has a huge benefit if used appropriately and currently benefits tens of thousands of people across the globe. As such, it should be researched far more than it is, especially any long term usage factors. Outright prohibition would absolutely kill any research, especially prohibition in Florida since it has one of the few US environments where Kratom can be grown on a large scale. I'm sure that the politicians leading the "charge" there can be tied to the Pharma industry, same as they are here.

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

sporehead

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 06:29:42 AM »

I'd like to note that I'll be doing a giveaway at the end of the year. My Kratoms are growing rapidly and voraciously. So any members that can't afford seeds or haven't the luck with them should think about that. Rub your greedy hands together but please don't pm me about it. Just giving you guys a heads up.

As far as this bill (bull) is concerned, it won't affect procurement as long as plant trading is around. Packages are mailed all the time and are less likely to be snatched within country of origin. It's up to you to break the law though.

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »

This really sucks... I love 2 g of white kratom for energy. There are no white vain kratom plants in circulation is there?

I don't know of any white vein plants, but I do have a Green Malay. It seems to be tricky to grow, at least for me. Hopefully I'll have rooted cuttings available in a few months.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.

Drgonzo412

• Follow The Plants
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:18 AM »

Do you know if this bill passed?

I was realy hoping to purchase a rooted cutting of a rifat Kratom in the next few weeks, I would buy it now, but I am about to go on a cruise to Alaska on June 12th and will be gone for 8 days...

Do you think this will affect anyone who grows it for personal use?

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:22 PM »

The bill did not pass because the government officials could not come to a consensus on the law so it was pushed off another year.
Spreading love!

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »

The bill did not pass because the government officials could not come to a consensus on the law so it was pushed off another year.

WOOOO-HOOO! BEAURAUCRACY WINS AGAIN!
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

LIBERTYNY

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 05:15:08 AM »

WOOOO-HOOO! BEAURAUCRACY WINS AGAIN!

I have to disagree we did not win, The fact that we are even debating this is non-sense. Our elected 'leaders' need to obey their oath

politicians are susposto protect rights, not steal them or at best waste money debating this 

" BEAURAUCRACY WINS "   you must be a bureaucrat 
III%
Pages: [1] 2