Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trichs and full sun  (Read 3080 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Trichs and full sun
« on: September 03, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »

Hello friends,

With my new  infatuation for cactus (thanks sts  ;)) Im  learning that theres many ideas regarding their growth that are completely wrong..

All my life i´ve hear people stating that cacti dont need to be watered and they love full sun, no I know that´s wrong.

This is an example: pach clones with the same age from the same mother and same growing medium. The only the only variation is their location, one takes 12/14 hours of direct sunlight and the other is on partial shade , only morning direct sunlight for 2 hours ... can you spot the differences?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:56:26 PM by Roze »
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Trichs and full sun
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 04:03:07 PM »

Yes I've seen others whose cactus seemingly did not like the sun. However all mine are in full sun and love it. I have no issues with full sun at all.

My cuz grows his a bit shaded because he's had his turn yellow in the full sun. It seems in his case increasing the water if in direct sun helps green them back up. Not sure that'd help you out but just some stuff I've observed first hand.
Spreading love!

misplant

• Trading Score: +81
Re: Trichs and full sun
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 07:30:30 AM »

All them trichs up in the Andes Mountains  in South America......ya think they're growing in full sun?

who comes along & ferts & waters them??

how come some trichs grow a solid green in full sun and another one right beside it grows glaucus blue?

Is full sun up in the mountains the same as full sun right at the equator?

with so many variables, dont believe a word you read until you personally experience it yourself.....

www.misplant.net

Life is short, Eat Dessert First