Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: recommend me some peppers!  (Read 4402 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
recommend me some peppers!
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:42:08 AM »

i love spicy food! <3 but i have only eaten black pepper, cyanne, and red pepper and all of those seem so weak to me, even the cyanne.

i was thinking about asking a few peeps around here if their okay with sharing some seeds of their pepper varieties but i wanted to ask some of you guys about what peppers you prefer? i LOVE spicy food, both in taste and in endorphin release!

i was wondering if you guys could give me some info on what you use some of these peppers for? (straight up munchin, cooking, etc?). i'd greatly appreciate a more educated idea of peppers and spices. thanks :)
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

chamomeleon

• Trading Score: +31
  • I have a fever...... and the only cure is more cacti
Re: recommend me some peppers!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »

If you need the heat, go for scotch bonnet, carolina reaper, ghost pepper and trinidad scorpion.  And bring a fire extinguisher to the bathroom!
There was a young lass from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
It was not round and pink
as you might think
But had ears and a tail, and ate grass.

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »

lols! thanks. i'll have icecream and yogurt on hand! :) but i was also wondering if anyone had any experience in cooking some yummy dishes? i was hoping to make a jumbalia with some peppers. i LOVE jumalia but i always feel that it can have a little bit more heat than just cayanne. that's what my mom would always use. she also used sausage but i think i'll work mainly with chicken breast or seafood or something. plus i think i'll try different variations with wild rice and brown rice. i don't usually eat white rice considering it's nutritionally useless.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:03 AM »

I love Capsicum Chinese, they come with heat and awesome flavour, its really the flavour that makes me mostly choose Chinese. Which chinese ? I dont think I ever owned some real SUPERhot world record peppers and I dont think id want them, I guess my Chinese are somewhere around the 500.000 mark and its nice like that, 2.000.000 would mean I could only put in 1/4 of the peppers for same heat and that might mean Id only have 1/4 of the flavour. Anyways I am up to grow a superhot too, just to see how they are.

What I really want, heads uo south americans: true wild non-ctivated Capsicum sp.
Praise is mandatory.

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 01:57:04 AM »

i have some capsicum chinese! i forget who gave me some but i have a whole baggie. haven't gotten around to growing them. i think fairdunkem gave em to me.

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:05 AM »

I like the chinense varieties. Lots of variability in flavor and heat with these. I've sampled a bunch but am awaiting fruits on my current grow to really determine what I like. I have 15 excess plants that I would like to sell off. If anyone is nearby I can hook you up.

I have a nice stash of pepper seeds! Check my trade list. This is my first year growing but things are going well. I wrote a spreadsheet for the ones I am growing that outlines the heat levels, applications etc if you want to take a look. Should make it easier on you. Been meaning to update it with new arrivals but haven't put much thought into it.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:49:08 AM by sporehead »

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 02:08:08 AM »

I recommend this fella. Not the hottest out there, pretty mild, but really tasty, and super super hardy.
I literally do nothing, I never water them, once a year I hack the bushes back with a cane knife and forget about them. That is it.
Bushes get 3meters high if I don't and its hard to pick.
The fruit are really good just eaten like an apple, and I get a 20lt bucket off each 1year old plant, 2-3 x20lt buckets off a 2-4year old plant.
Instead of making a tomato based pasta/pizza sauce with chilli, make a chilli based sauce with a little tomato.
Anyone wants seeds hit me up, got heaps.

Forgot to add the name. Most folks here call them Bell pepper, Bishops crown, UFO, Aji something or other...

If you want crazy hot, dorset naga, bhut jolokia are good/insane choices.
Got seeds of them for trade if anyone is keen(trade only as I hate seeding them. I don't stuff around with them for nothing, lol.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:15:43 AM by fairdinkumseeds »
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact