Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings from down under  (Read 30 times)

w!llows

Greetings from down under
« on: Today at 05:33:37 AM »

Hey fellow green thumbs! :)

Nice to be here. Found STS through it's better known other half and feel I should fit in well here/have plenty to contribute.

I am a bit of an acacia head! I love growing different species of "wattle" (as we call it in Australia). Some of my favourites include Acacia floribunda, Acacia obtusifolia, Acacia granitica, Acacia mucronata and it's various sub species and Acacia stricta. The green and gold is our national emblem here and it's scent in spring time is close to the hearts of many Aussies.

I have lots of interesting Acacia seeds I'd love to share which I will post more about. In particular I am working on making good 'type' strain of Acacia floribunda available to members as it's one there has much confusion about. Anyways.. its raining here and I have stuff outside about to get wet.. so bye for now and look forward to engaging.

SKUNK

• Trading Score: +69
  • 🐝🌼𝙎𝘬ᵘ𝙣Ꝁ🌼🐝
Re: Greetings from down under
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:01:40 AM »

Hey fellow green thumbs! :)

Nice to be here. Found STS through it's better known other half and feel I should fit in well here/have plenty to contribute.

I am a bit of an acacia head! I love growing different species of "wattle" (as we call it in Australia). Some of my favourites include Acacia floribunda, Acacia obtusifolia, Acacia granitica, Acacia mucronata and it's various sub species and Acacia stricta. The green and gold is our national emblem here and it's scent in spring time is close to the hearts of many Aussies.

I have lots of interesting Acacia seeds I'd love to share which I will post more about. In particular I am working on making good 'type' strain of Acacia floribunda available to members as it's one there has much confusion about. Anyways.. its raining here and I have stuff outside about to get wet.. so bye for now and look forward to engaging.

Welcome to STS,  from a part ausie who lives in Canada 🇨🇦.    One of ,my favorite places to travel to.  Have lots of family down under. 
Glad you were able to find your way over to the sister site. 

This Place really has a special void that it fills, and is full of wonderful grow information!

Look forward to hearing more about your Acacia growing.  If you have the time bash up a grow log and share some of yout gardens. 

We have some rain here to for the long weekend,  but will turn to snow this evening.   So had to haul my cacti back in the house 🏡.   

Do take some time and review the rules of sts,  as unlike the sister site there are certain topics we don't cover here.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
The best time to plant seeds was 5 years ago; the next best time is right now!

🥀𝕊ⲕü𝗻𝙆🥀

w!llows

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:47:36 AM »

Thanks SKUNK :) .. the rules are indeed quite different so I'm glad you brought that up.

Yep I'd be happy to post a grow log. I've brought my plants up in a large hoophouse - but recently moved into my own house so they're now hardening in the garden for the cold winter looming ahead. I'll get some of them in the ground very soon.

Will get working on a bit of a grow log/tutorial for Acacia if that helps? I have a similar thing on the nexus so much will be copy and pasted if thats ok.. if not let me know and I'll start anew.

SKUNK

• Trading Score: +69
  • 🐝🌼𝙎𝘬ᵘ𝙣Ꝁ🌼🐝
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:11:33 PM »

Thanks SKUNK :) .. the rules are indeed quite different so I'm glad you brought that up.

Yep I'd be happy to post a grow log. I've brought my plants up in a large hoophouse - but recently moved into my own house so they're now hardening in the garden for the cold winter looming ahead. I'll get some of them in the ground very soon.

Will get working on a bit of a grow log/tutorial for Acacia if that helps? I have a similar thing on the nexus so much will be copy and pasted if thats ok.. if not let me know and I'll start anew.

Sometimes people miss the rules,  and talk about stuff not related to cultivation of plants and more or other aspects..  helps keep a low profile and focus on sharing and growing out special plants.

Site seems a little slow as of recently.  But looks like the trade area is still plugging along.   Would be nice to see STS as busy as it was back in it's heyday when I joined back in 2016

Would love to hear more about your Acacia growing,  always been fascinated with Acacia and have tried in the past to grow it and wouldn't mind having another attempt at growing it again. 

Ya definitely get a grow log going and share some of your garden and any advice of information you care to share ,  I'm sure others would be interested and Benifit from the knowledge.   

Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
The best time to plant seeds was 5 years ago; the next best time is right now!

🥀𝕊ⲕü𝗻𝙆🥀