Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello from Washington (State)  (Read 4827 times)

Offwidth

• Trading Score: +4
Re: Hello from Washington (State)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 05:42:30 PM »

Wow! Those are stunning! You seem to really have your shit together, how long have you been growing cacti? You’ve really left me with a lot of reading to don haha.
Can I ask if you got your salvia from in the UK or did someone outside the Uk trade it with you?
I only ask be cause I have an abundance and as soon as I can trade, I’d like to offer a few of them up.

OfCows

• Trading Score: +75
  • Glad to be here!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »

:-[ I should add all of mine are from cuttings, not seed! They are beautiful though, I've been growing off and on since I was a teenager, but a few years ago decided I had the time and money to start collecting properly... I've only recently started to grow from seed, so those are still tiny wee babies! If you've not already, the Keeper Trout publications are a trove of Trichocereus info...

A mate here in the UK gave me the Salvia, I'm sure we can all help relieve you of your abundance ;)

Hope you're good!
A man's errors are his portals to discovery...

Offwidth

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 10:25:34 PM »

That’s still very impressive to me at least, starting from seed seems a little more tedious, but really cool if given the effort. Have you posted pictures of the seed starts? I’d love to see! And I’ll have to look into the Keeper Trout later today, thank you!

That’s good that he in the UK! Makes it a little bit easier. I’m sure many people can help me out with that   ;D

I am, I hope you’re well too!

OfCows

• Glad to be here!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »

Growing from seed is definitely the way to go to secure genetic variety, etc. I'm actually working on a seed germination comparison article for my blog (dissidentreality.com) so will have some pictures up there once that's finished... I planted a whole bunch of seed recently (lots of lovely hybrids) so am anxious for them to germinate so I can breathe a little easier!

:P The Salvia came from a lady, actually! she's a member here - Datura-Darling - but has yet to start posting...

Hit me up once you can finally PM and I can send you a load of useful info, bit distracted this evening or I'd sort for you now.

;) Speak soon...

Offwidth

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »

So sorry for the terrible assumption! That was awful of me to assume they were a man.  :-[

I’d be very interested in checking out your blog. Sounds like I have plenty more reading to do tonight, thank you for that! It really is a rabbit hole to jump down haha

Hopefully I’ll be promoted soon and can PM you

OfCows

• Glad to be here!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:14 AM »

;) It's fine - I called her a "girl" the other day and soon regretted it!

My blog's only got a few plant-related posts published as of now, but there's a shed-load of stuff I've written there on all sorts of topics, hope you find something interesting (and apologies if you get locked out of the site for random periods of time - :( evil spammers have caused this and I'm trying to get it sorted out pronto!)

...and yes, it's a rabbit-hole, but a very worthwhile one  :D
Pages: 1 [2]