Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: BotSwap  (Read 4982 times)

Donothello27

BotSwap
« on: June 07, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

Is Botswap still active?

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: BotSwap
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »

I guess you mean something like "do you have reached member status". No, not yet, member status is given by one of the moderators or the admin not only after verifying youre no bot but also after a few quality posts of yours show fellow gardeners ambitions and that you read and understand the forum FAQ and rules.
Usually it doesnt take much :) Few nice posts, show your plants or garden, help if you kow answers to something ...
Praise is mandatory.

Donothello27

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »

I guess you mean something like "do you have reached member status". No, not yet, member status is given by one of the moderators or the admin not only after verifying youre no bot but also after a few quality posts of yours show fellow gardeners ambitions and that you read and understand the forum FAQ and rules.
Usually it doesnt take much :) Few nice posts, show your plants or garden, help if you kow answers to something ...

Botanicalswap.org

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »

interesting, seems like a familiar concept. I see some familiar members too and most online just shy of 100 members, they sure had that site rocking back then. Im sure someone here knows more of the story.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:46:26 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

Auxin

• Trading Score: +65
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »

Yeah, it was great and had lots of potential that unfortunately wasnt fully realized.
Short story is, other similar sites failed due to waning interest and incessant bot attacks from russia and botswap started up to fill the void. It didnt sprout out of one strong community like STS did, but attracted active traders from a dozen sites. So it had good people but not a strong community backing it. As a lull in trading came along the bot attacks hit botswap in force, hundreds of new members every day from intelligent bots for months on end. Mods started verifying every single applicant by hand, but the site just lost its momentum. When STS started most active botswap traders found their way here. I'm still impressed that the pilot light is kept lit over there :)