Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand!  (Read 4771 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand!
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »

This is my new hero!

To date, Jadav has planted over 1,360 acres of forest on his own. Demonstrating a keen understanding of ecological balance, Payeng even transplanted ants to his burgeoning ecosystem to bolster its natural harmony. Before long, the shade-less sandbar was transformed into a self-functioning environment where a menagerie of creatures could dwell. The lush forest, now called the Molai woods, presently serves as a safe haven for numerous birds, deer, rhinos, tigers, and elephants – species increasingly at risk from habitat loss.

Interestingly enough, despite the conspicuousness of the project, forest officials only recently became aware of the new forest in 2008.

While his efforts may have not received the amount of recognition they so deserve, Payeng’s example importantly shines as inspiration for all who at any time have more opportunity than they might think to powerfully impact the world.
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Re: This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »

You beat me to it!  Watched this the other day and meant to share it here.  Very inspirational
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »

That's just amazing.  What a great person!
Cactus = Life

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:50:27 PM »

That guy is awesome! I couldn't help but giggle in the beginning when he kissed the tree. If I wasn't such a plant enthusiast myself I'd think he was crazy...but after caring for tons of plants everyday for so long I know all too well how they become like children, so in my eyes it wasn't all that weird. Still made me giggle though.  ;D