Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Growing Newbie here  (Read 3092 times)

rhythmspring

Growing Newbie here
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:45:47 PM »

Hi,
Rhythmspring here. I'm also on Bluelight, DMT-Nexus, and the Eboka forum. Got ushered over here from the Nexus.

I have exactly zero experience growing entheogens, and .01 experience growing plants in general. But I would like to grow some of my favorite plants that I work with medicinally/spiritually: Salvia divinorum, Syrian Rue, and perhaps San Pedro. Especially Salvia, although I hear that it's kind of hard. I think when I start, I'd like to start with a Blosser variety of Salvia.

I live in the US Northeast, so it's literally freezing here now. And my household humidity as around 30% right now. So I'm not sure how well a Salvia plant would fare in that environment.

Anyway, glad to be among what seems to be a lovely community!

Sincerely,
RS

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Growing Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »

Hi RS,

Welcome to STS!

I love when new gardeners join who want to start growing. I started here in pretty much the same place as you, and love the opportunity to see new people discover the joys of developing the growing relationship with plants.  :)

Take a look around and give a shout if I can help with anything.

Peace,
Frog

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:57:26 AM »

Welcome,

Start with San Pedro, its easy to grow, rewarding and they make attractive houseplants for the winter months.  I'll have more cutting this spring but growing any cactus from seed is a rewarding and near fool proof way to break in a green thumb.

Good luck and enjoy,
-Ian

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 05:22:27 AM »

Hello rhythmspring and welcome to STS; thanks for joining  8)

I hope you enjoy your stay.

rhythmspring

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:07:05 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

So, I think I will heed Ian's advice and start with San Pedro. I've got some Iboga seeds I'd like to trade for a cutting. I hear Iboga is extra hard to grow, and, although I'd like to hold onto the seeds for sentimental value and perhaps so that I know they are safe, I am told they become less viable over time, so I might as well hand them off to someone who knows what they're doing. So, that was a run-on sentence.

~RS

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »

You've been promoted to Member, RS, so you should be able to access the Trading forum now. I expect you'll have no problem trading some iboga seeds for a cutting if you post it in the Trades area.

Welcome to STS!

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 03:41:53 AM »

Welcome to STS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)