Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Came for one reason, staying for another.  (Read 2456 times)

markas

Came for one reason, staying for another.
« on: July 29, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »

I found this site because I am looking for seeds for sport peppers of Chicago hot dog fame.  I was very put off by the lack of commercial availability and the outrageous price gouging where I did find them as well as the suspect nature of the actual variety being sold.    I found this site after searching "seed sharing" and found that you guys were sharing plants which I have had far more interest in than peppers in my lifetime.  Will hang out and lurk and learn for a bit. I  think mimosa is an incredibly beautiful and useful plant and hope to learn more about it's cultivation.  Also interested in Syrian rue.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Came for one reason, staying for another.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »

You've come to the right place man! Welcome to sts!
Spreading love!

Saros

• Trading Score: +48
  • (x²+y²-1)³-x²y³=0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »

Welcome Markas!

The people here are wonderful, incredibly knowledgeable and eager to share it.. I've learned so much in the past year thanks to everyone here, I can honestly say it changed my life in the best way possible. There's something here for anyone with even the slightest interest in plants, no matter the variety:)

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to add anything applicable to your Growing, Share, and Wish lists located on your profile page, these help facilitate trades once you've become a full member ;)

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:49:46 AM »

Welcome to STS markas! There are several mimosa species floating around here and I'd be happy to share some syrian rue with you. You might also be able to find seeds for the peppers you were originally searching for here too. Look forward to seeing you around here :)