Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Brand New  (Read 2750 times)

unforgiven

Brand New
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:54:57 AM »

Hi all!
I have always been fascinated by entheogens and have recently been considering trying to grow something.  I have zero experience with growing anything and when I found this site I thought it might be a good place to start gathering information. 

Recently, i also started learning to brew my own beer and have been toying with the idea of possibly attempting to grow my own hops as well.  I look forward  perusing all of the posts and gathering tips from everyone.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
Re: Brand New
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »

Welcome to STS unforgiven.

If you're looking to start an ethnobotanical garden this is a great place to start.  Everyone here is willing to help out beginners even if you have nothing to return the favor with yet.  One of the many awesome aspects of STS. I actually haven't seen anyone here make a post about growing hops. That would be awesome if you started some.  Be sure to share your method with us if you do!

Anyways, to gain full membership all you have to do is contribute in some small way (add pictures to the plant/seed galleries, post useful information, share your garden with a grow log, ect...)  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining!
New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

muze801

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +7
  • USDA Zone: 5-7b
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »

Welcome to STS!

I too am a fairly new member but my humble indoor ethnobotanical garden has already begun to explode.

I believe there is a fair amount of American hops in my area that will probably be going to seed in some weeks; if I come across them I'll gather some strobiles and seeds (if there's any male plants around anyway). I'm also interested in brewing and would like to try some other plant bitterants in addition to the (now) standard hops varieties

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »

Welcome to STS!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »

Hi unforgiven,

Welcome to STS.   :)

Go ahead and fill out your profile wish list with plants you know that you're interested in. Then when you get full membership we can all help you out things we have.

Peace,
Frog