Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Turning Point In My Life  (Read 4294 times)

wakeup

A Turning Point In My Life
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:13:12 PM »

Hello all. A little about myself. I have lived a very hectic and crazy life until recently. I lived my life in the grips of alcohol and opiate addiction for many years. As this was very destructive I was in and out of jail and rehab for many years and at the end of the road I no longer wanted to live.

To make a long story short I met a wonderful woman got my life together and got back on the path of growing plant teachers. After a profound experience that literally reshaped my life I find myself here. Wanting to propagate and help others find the path I have undertaken.

I specifically am looking to grow b caapi, psychrotia viridis, acacia confusa, mimosa hostikis and although I have no experience with any cactus I'm really hoping this forum will provide me a means to find seed and grow bridgeilis or some.kind of Peruvian torch.

Gardening and wonderment at these plants is a huge part of my new life. If anyone can help me get seed to grow cactus hopefully bridge that would be great.
The moment when u wonder if this time you've gone too far.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: A Turning Point In My Life
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »

Welcome to sts! Hope you find what your looking for!
Spreading love!

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »

Hey wakeup,  nice to meet you. Good to have you here.  :) Growing these plants is one of the most grounding things I've found, especially finding your feet after going the wrong direction for a while.

Id be happy to help you get started. Shoot me a PM once you get full membership (quick here, just show a willingness to contribute) and I'll send you what I can.

Peace,
Frog

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »

Welcome to STS! I'm sure you'll be able to find all of the plants you're looking for here and more.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 01:20:22 AM »

Welcome to STS wakeup.

I too used to be in the grip of addiction.  It was opiates for me. It was these plants that helped pave the way for me to quit using.  I am glad that you found the light as well and hope that you keep it up!

Anyways, becoming a member is simple. There are a few different ways; adding to the plant/seed galleries, contributing usefull info, showing a grow log.  Please get acquainted around the forum and check out the Rules and FAQ

Thanks for joining!
New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

acacia_kid

• Trading Score: +7
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 03:15:43 AM »

Welcome to the forum mate. I'm new here too! Im not sure what your climate is like but I've seen salvia do some pretty good things for my friend's opiate addiction, keep in mind he hasn't wanted to do anything since. A lot of people seem to think salvia needs to be kept in a space suit but my experience is that even when temps are below 10ÂșC as long as there is no frost sally will grow. Although it doesn't put much growth on at these temps.

I've personally never battled an addiction, other than a minor cannabis habit but I do feel like this is a good path to help you on your way. Best of luck, see you on the forums.

cloud

• Trading Score: +16
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 05:15:16 AM »

.... I'm really hoping this forum will provide me a means to find seed and grow ....

...highly likely!

Pleasant to hear you managed to overcome your addiction. Welcome, and all the best for the future

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 05:25:15 AM »

You definitely will expand your garden if you become an active part of this community. There is a ton of generosity here. I love it!
Cactus = Life

psykinetic

• Trading Score: +2
  • love and light to all
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:39 AM »

Welcome!  Your into letter so reminds me of mine. I struggled with the opiates (and all the other street drugs) for way too many years. It took so long to remember that there once was a time when I was happy and saw the beauty (and pain) if life,the plants of the Phantastica have totaly saved my life too. Good luck with everything and PM me when you can,this is an awsome community, I had nevet had a garden of my own befor joining and now my room is surrounded by truly Magickal plants. So much of my new knowledge (and quite a lot of the seeds) came directly from nembers reaching out
Light and love
Its amazing...one day you realize you are on the Path you have always been searching for
"Ride the Spiral to the End...We May Just Go Were No Ones Been"

isaak

• Trading Score: +60
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »

Welcome wakeup! Great avatar :D Mariana Kopylova's work has me totally transfixed. Send me a PM when you have the chance and I'll make sure some cactus seeds make it to you ;)
The more I talk to birds, the better I get.