Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ready for inoculation  (Read 2755 times)

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
Ready for inoculation
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:49:23 AM »

Hello wonderful people! I am sporehead. I've been interested in plants and fungi for years and would love to share what I know with you. I am currently not growing anything, nor do I have the space for it. All I can do now is collect seeds and other materials for the magical moment when I have the space. Years ago, I had a wonderful collection but gave everything away so I could travel for a while. I miss those days.

Other things about me: I am addicted to capsaicin and I love it. Hopefully next year I will have growing space for many varieties of chiles. I am working on hot sauces now and hope to one day make some money selling them. Right now I have some rather puny Jalapeno plants that I don't know what to do with. The season is nearing an end and they have no more than three leaf sets. I guess I will have to bring them in for the fall. Which reminds me, I cannot wait for mushroom season. Mmmm. I used to cultivate mushrooms but sold all of those supplies to my friend/growing partner. Another friend of mine has my master slants if I ever need them. I have some 60 species of fungi on agar. Maybe one day I can sporulate this forum.

That's all I got! I'll see you around friends!

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
Re: Ready for inoculation
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:58:23 AM »

Welcome...

I look forward to being overtaken by fungi.  In the metaphorical sense not the literal, I guess.

FYI, the latest generation of Carolina Reaper is out, not to be missed but honestly I think it should just be weaponized and not put into hot sauce.
-Ian

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »

Welcome to STS! I look forward to sharing with you.

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:10:23 AM »

Thanks for the welcome! I have seen talk of a chocolate reaper on thehotpepper forums. Mmmm. Hottest I have eaten raw is some sort of Scorpion pepper. I'm trying to work my way up to the reaper but at this rate there will be a new hottest pepper by then. I have to get some seeds or fresh pods before seasons end.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »

Welcome to STS!

If you want to become a full member you just need to contribute in some way (adding to plant/seed galleries, posting useful information, sharing your garden with a grow log)  Please check out the Rules and FAQ and get acquainted around the forums.  If you have any questions please ask.  Everyone here is very willing to help.

Thanks for joining!
New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 01:47:40 AM »

Welcome to STS sporehead!

It's good to have ya here. The Fungi trading hasn't taken off quite yet but hopefully it will soon.

Just so you know, the Fungi Subforum has it's own set of guidelines/expectations:
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=1011.0

Welcome Friend,
Hcc