Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nice place ya got here  (Read 7257 times)

H J Farnsworth

• Trading Score: +5
  • Sequoia Farmer
Nice place ya got here
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »

Hi everybody
I'll make this introduction as short as I can but I'm very excited about STS (very cool idea). My name's Jon, I live in southern NH, USA. It's an awesome place for gardening (zone 5) I feel it gives an adequate grow season and the winter isn't so bad that keeping plants over winter is an issue. I grow a good deal of everything: pumpkins, squash, melons, peppers, giant sequoia, coastal sequoia, dawn sequoia, silk tree mimosa, dagga, tabernaemontana, cacti, mushrooms, you get the point, a lot of various plants.

Not really sure what I want to do here. I just came over from the shroomery, which is great check it out if you haven't, this sight seems different it's got a different feel. I'm completely down to form a local northeast United States seed bank as I do have the resources and I've wanted to do this for a while. I'm always interested in new ideas ( thoughts on saving the bats, endangered species monitoring and conservation, new mushroom growing teks, anything)

Anyway that's my start, hopefully we can all make something good happen, I'll be around so feel free to ask me any questions if you see me in a post (until I can reply to pms).

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Nice place ya got here
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »

Welcome ! I really like your plant interests :)

What kind of trouble do the bats have in your area ? Mine here are all pretty well, altho some species are getting rare, and they even do well considering the government uses tax money to poison the environment in some areas here, calling it "mosquito prevention".
Praise is mandatory.

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »

Howdy H J Farnsworth

Great name and pic. Have you ever seen the episode "The Farnsworth Parabox"....Where they travel into parallel universes by way of a box? That's my favorite Futurama.

Welcome to STS!

It sounds like you'll fit right in here. Lots of good people growing great plants :)

Be sure to check out the Rules in the FAQ. We run a pretty tight ship for the safety of the community. Also, as your into mushrooms, check out the Mushroom specific FAQ/Rules.

Always feel free to ask if any questions arise.

Peace,
Hcc

chamomeleon

• Trading Score: +31
  • I have a fever...... and the only cure is more cacti
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »

8) Welcome  8)
There was a young lass from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
It was not round and pink
as you might think
But had ears and a tail, and ate grass.

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »

Welcome.

Pazuzu you ungrateful gargoyle, I put you through college and this is how you repay me?!

Seriously, one of my favorite shows.  Enjoy one of my favorite websites.

I am not imputing Free State mentality on you, but if you are there are similar minded STSers here too...

oriky

• Trading Score: +37
  • Green boy
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

welcome mate :)
Please fell free to send a message

H J Farnsworth

• Sequoia Farmer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 11:14:03 PM »

Welcome ! I really like your plant interests :)

What kind of trouble do the bats have in your area ? Mine here are all pretty well, altho some species are getting rare, and they even do well considering the government uses tax money to poison the environment in some areas here, calling it "mosquito prevention".
The bats in New England are battling a type of white fungus that infects their sinus cavity. Not all have it and the predictions were worse than the outcome so far, still not a reason to ignore it.

Howdy H J Farnsworth

Great name and pic. Have you ever seen the episode "The Farnsworth Parabox"....Where they travel into parallel universes by way of a box? That's my favorite Futurama.

Welcome to STS!

It sounds like you'll fit right in here. Lots of good people growing great plants :)

Be sure to check out the Rules in the FAQ. We run a pretty tight ship for the safety of the community. Also, as your into mushrooms, check out the Mushroom specific FAQ/Rules.

Always feel free to ask if any questions arise.

Peace,
Hcc

I can safely say I've seen every episode, I hope they make more!! I'll have to make another doomsday machine that's always good leverage. I read the faq before posting but I'll probably get bored with the new user section and read it again. Is there a banned plant/seed list anywhere?

Welcome.

Pazuzu you ungrateful gargoyle, I put you through college and this is how you repay me?!

Seriously, one of my favorite shows.  Enjoy one of my favorite websites.

I am not imputing Free State mentality on you, but if you are there are similar minded STSers here too...
Right now I'm all about finding out what's best. If you got an idea you wanna share just hit me up.

Thank you all for the welcome, I'll have pics in a few days a the latest. I'm young so many of my most prized plants are also young and maybe unimpressive but they got numbers on their side.

SlowGrow

• Trading Score: +7
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 03:39:02 AM »

Hey nice to meet you, I would love to trade pepper seeds one day :)

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 05:46:17 AM »

Is there a banned plant/seed list anywhere?

Well, not really. The most common infraction is trading plant material. Otherwise marijuana seeds and psilocybin mushrooms are forbidden on STS. Mainly because there are sooooooo many other forums centered around those two.

Peace,
Hcc

(anyone please feel free to contribute other thoughts/comments/corrections, thanks)

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »

Welcome to sts! I hope to trade with you soon. Pepper seeds and such.

H J Farnsworth

• Sequoia Farmer
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 11:49:58 PM »

Is there a banned plant/seed list anywhere?

Well, not really. The most common infraction is trading plant material. Otherwise marijuana seeds and psilocybin mushrooms are forbidden on STS. Mainly because there are sooooooo many other forums centered around those two.

Peace,
Hcc

(anyone please feel free to contribute other thoughts/comments/corrections, thanks)
Cool. I agree that those two are pretty well covered. Well if that's the spirit of the site get ready for some cool pics in the future.

wellcome nice to meet u   :)

ร่วมเล่นสนุกๆไปกับพวกเรา ได้ที่นี่ คาสิโนออนไลน์

And you as well.

Welcome to sts! I hope to trade with you soon. Pepper seeds and such.

Oh yes most definitely and such.

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »

You receiving pms yet?

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »

Hey HJ,

Sorry for the promotion delay... you have full access now. Welcome!