Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Street botany  (Read 3060 times)

Greench

• Trading Score: +3
Street botany
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »

Hi folks!
I wish I had the skills and knowledge to do a similar thing in my town: tagworts
Brilliant, right?  :)

dEEcor

• Trading Score: +10
  • Germany https://prism-break.org ॐ
Re: Street botany
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

What´s the benefit?
There could be another species at another time or the writer was wrong initially.

It´s better to use electronic learning cards with pictures to learn edible wild plants quickly. If there´s no existing shared deck like this you should create one and share it. Then everyone can learn it and correct if doubted. I´m working on one deck for Germany.

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »

Hi folks!
I wish I had the skills and knowledge to do a similar thing in my town: tagworts
Brilliant, right?  :)
Interesting project.
I might do the same for my area soon.
You just need an Android smartphone equipped with GPS and camera.
Enable GEO-Tagging for camera pictures, and wherever you take a shot, the exact location will appear on Google maps.
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Greench

• Trading Score: +3
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 02:19:08 AM »

A deck of electronic learning cards?  ??? I'm afraid I don't get you. What would the "card reader" be? Would you care to detail?

In fact, it's not the geotagging that I like the most but the physical graffiti next to the plant.  :)
I like the fact that the people don't have to take a step to learn, you show them and (maybe) they'll remember it. The name is a first step. These plants are everywhere when one starts looking for them, yet very few people know their names any more.
I'm not sure their edibility is relevant in the case of these pavement plants which breathe toxic fumes all day long and are pissed upon by dogs and drunks  :-X  ;D

dEEcor

• Trading Score: +10
  • Germany https://prism-break.org ॐ
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »

So sorry. Dont know how I got to edibles. Are people keeping the graffitis updated when the flora changes? I'd do this. Its a nice idea.