Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trichocereus Macrogonus?  (Read 4126 times)

IsntLifeGreat

Trichocereus Macrogonus?
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:57:52 AM »

Hi there people of STS. I recently got back from my local Lowe's to pick up some succulent/Cacti soil and thought I'd give their Cacti section a quick peek, more like 15 minutes of observing each and every cactus and plant there was. Anyways, lots of cool stuff, but I found this cactus labled as Trichocereus Macrogonus, and I got pretty exicted. I had to put back the "grandflorias" hybrid back to get it but I am curios. Is this Macrogonus or Peruvian torch? Are they the same?It has 8 ribs, has a blueish tinge among a mostly green color. I thank you for all the potential help I may receive, always have so far.If there are any questions just ask . Here is a photo of the Trichocereus and some others we got.ShareTheSeeds is such a great community and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Peace n Cacti.
Peace and Cacti!

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +172
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
Re: Trichocereus Macrogonus?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:27 PM »

Browningia hertilingia, Altmans mislabels all their stuff all the time

Recently someone complained to them, and Altmans is allgedly sending them the true Macro... Time will see
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:03:55 PM by Chicsa »

IsntLifeGreat

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:12:57 PM »

Hmm, a lil bit disappointed it dosen't discourage me from growing it. I still think it looks quite cool. I wonder if I will be able to get an actual T. Macrogonus from them. I called their company but they aren't open on weekends. Sorry for wasting a thread. I thought it was macro. Thanks for the help chicsa!!
Peace and Cacti!

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +172
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:13:50 PM »

I actually want one of these! I think they're gorgeous when they get big.

There was some rumor somewhere that it is sacred but I can't find their source.

IsntLifeGreat

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »

P.M me youre info Chisca. Im traveling to Socal ATM but when I can I'll send it out if you wanted? Shippings will be more than what I paid for it haha.
Peace and Cacti!

bezevo

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 06:31:04 PM »

I bought a small  cactus at  Home Depot  labeled Trichocereus Macrogonus  Its  4" tall and  fat  . I cannot  tell if its  labeled correct tell it gets bigger .

A year ago also at Home Depot   I bought a gallon  pot with two  t. pachanoi  about 8" tall x  3" thick .

they grew about 6" first summer and started to go all Monstrous  one almost started to crest .

there almost two feet tall now . 
I GROW !

zone 5b

IsntLifeGreat

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:41:44 PM »

That's crazy, I have bought Many Pachanoi from Home Depot and they all have gone Montrose. I'm pretty positive that they are "PC", but the Pachanoi I got had many long half inch and under spines, but only at the lower part. I wish I had a photo but they arent at my current residence. They certainly are going Montrose, it's pretty cool.
Peace and Cacti!