Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello, I'm Seed Collector  (Read 4705 times)

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
Hello, I'm Seed Collector
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

Hello, I'm happy that this site exists; a needed service. Today, I saw a link to STS on a trusted web forum, and I am happy to be here, and I want to share, trade, and gift. If anyone feels I can be of assistance to them, let me know.

I have a decent collection going on, and I look forward to sharing, trading, and gifting.

Growing List: Phalaris arundinacea "big medicine" clones, Trichocereus bridgesii, and Trichocereus pachanoi.

Current Share List: Seeds to Share:
Trichocereus bridgesii
Trichocereus pachanoi KK339
Nicotina rustica
Albizia julibrissin
Diospyros virginiana
Strawberry
Cantaloupe
Honeydew melon
Red Watermelon

Wish List:
Trichocereus validus
Acacia acuminata
Acacia obtusifolia
other Acacia species

superpedro

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +4
Re: Hello, I'm Seed Collector
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You have a nice list with seeds to share.
Unfortunately i have no T. validus seeds to offer, but perhaps you find some other trichocereus seeds you want in my list.

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »

Hello Seed Collector,

thank you for coming and for your intro, glad to have you here. And thank you for your list of seeds, makes me wish I had a patch of land for honeydew melons  :)

As you might have seen, newly registered users have to receive a simple promotion in order to have access to the trading area of the forum and to send private messages to other members. I know that the first users that are coming referred these first days of STS surely deserve a way right in, but even now we're trying to apply some basic promotion criteria - mostly to help the site grow not only in people with a green thumb who wants to share seeds and trade, but in contents as well.

I'd like to ask you to post, besides this introduction, anything that brings a little content to the community. New seed pictures for the gallery, some specific gardening advice, any interesting resource or document, a grow log or even "adopting" a species by filling a plant datasheet... your pick. You should be promoted right away.

Thank you and welcome to STS!

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

I'm sorry to be the person who has technical issues... I tried multiple times to add pictures to the Seed Gallery. I clicked reply within that thread, typed just a little, and added pictures, the preview seems to work, but I'm having problems having my reply (with attached pictures) to show up after I click post . I wait until the computer is finished, and it still shows the screen where I would edit my post... if I click refresh, my reply is not listed at all. If I click post again, nothing happens. Is this due to my status, or what's up?

I mean that respectfully, I got the impression it would be helpful for me to add to the Seed Gallery, was it implied that I should do something else 1st?

As far as I know I did the same steps to post as I did in my 1st post, with the exception of 4 attempted attechments.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:31:39 PM by Seed Collector »

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »

New members are able to post in the Gardening Area, and are able to post attachments... so it's not a permissions issue. Unless the pictures attached were very big and exceeded the 50MB weight combined (unlikely) I'd say you had some problems connecting or uploading in that moment. I tried to post in the SG thread now and worked just fine.

Ok, as the philosopher said, you can pass go and collect $200, but please try again or just post them in a new thread and I will merge the topics  ;)

Thank you,

Mandrake

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »

Welcome to the STS seed collector. Looking forward to getting to know you and possibly trading seed! :D
Cactus = Life