Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange Caapi Leaf Coloration  (Read 8681 times)

Wyald

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +26
  • Good vibes to everyone.
Re: Strange Caapi Leaf Coloration
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 02:21:57 AM »

SoulGrower, the nutes do have magnesium but no calcium. How would you, or anyone else, recommend supplementing that?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:22:15 AM by Wyald »
We are those seeking to heal ourselves, whether we are aware of it or not.

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »

I'm actually not sure about what to do with the lack of calcium (my liquid nutes don't have mag and I correct that with epson salt).

You could add dolmitic lime but that may take some time before it becomes available to your plants.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 03:11:20 AM »

Most nurseries or big box stores carry calcium - magnesium liquid that can be used as a foliar spray. It is better than using ag-lime or dolomite as they cause the soil to harden over time.

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »

MJ,

Without making things too complicated.. you should be fine with any decent soil mix from one of the big box stores.  I would recommend adding perlite, small pine bark chips (sometimes called fines) or even small sized wood/bark mulch regardless of what mix you buy.

The problem with all of commercial mixes, that I have found, is that they use too much peat.  This creates a soggy mass and roots need air to breathe.

@Wyald

Make sure your nutes have Magnesium and Calcium.  I'm not sure of the reason but liquid nutes rarely have these.  You may need to supplement with Epson Salt.

Just an update: So I started to mist and water my leaf cuttings with tap water which I set out in an open jug for 24 hours to off gas the chlorine rather than the Brita filtered water I had been using. The Brita water is lower in PH by at leaf 1.5 points due to the reduced level of solids. Things are very much on their way back to green again. Not perfect of fast bu no more white leaves. I will look into re potting after I get things looking green again.Thought you all might find this interesting. A point and a half can obviously make a significant difference if you are close to the edge as far as PH goes. Regards mj. 
Pages: 1 [2]