Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Relatively cheap a safe mutagens I can use to make a plant variety better?  (Read 15470 times)

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Relatively cheap a safe mutagens I can use to make a plant variety better?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »

A new plant is a new plant and usually has predictable but might have supeising new features... especially in the case of random (!) mutation you might be suprised by the new features. The odds are, that if the parent plant was edible the new alternated is too, but every new plant has to be investigated to be sure, no matter if it was crossbred GMd or mutated.

The more interesting question is: Would the change in the plant affect the experience of eating it in any way, and even more: Would it affect it in a positive way. Imagine the number of possible favorable changes and overall possibly changes (which are near endless) it becomes obvious: Your odds of having improved something the way you wanted it are low.

Personally I think a real-deal GMO is even more safe than the original plant because all the fear and controversy got us into imposing laws on the inspection of GMOs before release that have so high requirements, they might even be finding things that are in the original and modified organism that we didn't know about yet.
Praise is mandatory.

hereje

• Trading Score: +90
  • Zone: 5a 5b
Re: Relatively cheap a safe mutagens I can use to make a plant variety better?
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 03:02:14 AM »

+1 for that 3rd paragraph bubble... very well said
Hmmm... what does this button do?
Pages: 1 2 [3]