Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 3043 times)

princeofchildren

Hello :)
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »

Hi there, I am new to the forum, and I feel so blessed to have found this site! Thank you to the creators, volunteers, and anyone else who is keeping this wonderful site up to facilitate so much support for the plants, as well as those the humans in service to the plants :)

I am new to forums in general, not a big internet guy. So if I miss something crucial, feel free to put me in my place.

I have been growing on a hobby level since 2005, cacti, fungi, and other medicinal plants. I am feeling called to support the proliferation of sacred medicine, particularly those that are harvested in a disrespectful way and those that are endangered. I am continuously cultivating a deeper relationship with the plants in my life, they have asked me that I support them through propagation. I am looking forward to learning from this community, thank you for allowing me to be here!

Blessings,
D

SlowGrow

• Trading Score: +7
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »

Welcome to sts, nice to meet you :)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »

Welcome to STS!
Spreading love!

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »

Welcome! Be sure to add anything applicable to your Grow, Share, and Wish lists located on your profile page, these help facilitate trades once you've become a full member.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »

Hello !  ;D
Praise is mandatory.

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 03:16:46 AM »

Welcome.

Its the steady trickle of new members with such positivity and love that make this place an easy place to share.  I know it encourages me to give more.

Plus all the old heads are pretty dang cool.

-Ian

princeofchildren

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 06:32:26 AM »

Thanks for all the welcomes! I am looking forward to sharing :)

Here is a little about me:
Back in 2005, I was growing ~120 adult cacti and succulents, but I was in a warmer climate then. When I moved to the northwest, I only brought 5 plants with me, two died :'(  and now I have 3 peruvianus left. I grew them from seed in 2005, but they have been growing very slowly up here, the tallest one being less than a foot. I know they are not getting enough light, and are probably too cold in the winter, so I am going to invest in some grow lights, put them in a greenhouse, and give them a heat mat. I feel bad that I have not taken better care of them, and I am hoping to make it up by finally giving them what they need, and growing some new friends for them to hang out with.

Growndown

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +20
  • zone 9, as in hot 9 months of the year
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »

Welcome. Lots of cacti lovers around here!
life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life