Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mystery seeds identification..  (Read 4115 times)

Cayenne

• Trading Score: +2
Mystery seeds identification..
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:42:11 PM »

:) Hello. I need a sharp/accurate eye for SI..  :-\

..so, after rummaging through what I thought was an unmarked Rivea corymbosa seed packet, and going straight to planting 4 of them, I later discovered my actual Rivea seeds labeled and in different appearance all together. These seeds are smaller than gen HBWR seeds and Rivea seeds. Whats got me though, is that I already planted these 'mystery' seeds thinking I was planting Rivea before-hand..  ;D

..can anyone here(particularly seed experts) give me some hint, info or answer? This may just have to wait until I successfully germ some of these 'mystery' seeds and get a proper identification altogether. Knowing what I've planted would be ideal but not completely necessary.. this may just be fun in not knowing!  8)

Now I'm off to plant some actual Rivea..  ;) chow for now! Hope to read some helpful responses in time. Nonetheless, enjoy the day/evening!

-Cay

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:33:49 AM by Cayenne »
Share, care and revitalize!

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Mystery seeds identification..
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »

Could be radish seeds
Spreading love!

Cayenne

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

It's on the tip of my tongue. I've gotten a few suggestions elsewhere such as Acacia seeds and even popcorn kernels. I know they aren't any of those so something has gotta switch my memory soon enough.

Also, I'm starting to get the feeling their origin may be traceable by Roze. Hopefully they'll come across this thread in the next little while. If not, I may just send out a PM.

-Cay
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:36:46 AM by Cayenne »

Cayenne

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:15:37 AM »

Hi again.  :)

I noticed this thread has retained little feedback so I am updating now with recent photos of the baby 'mystery' plant. Hopefully this will help give me and viewers more of an idea of what this might be. Or possibly an answer would be good. The plant has two heart shaped leaves as if it is holding these two 'heart plates' up from its arms.  ;D They are growing great and it'll be exciting to see them mature. Will respond promptly or ASAP.

Thank you for your time.

-Cay

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 02:08:39 AM »

I'm no expert but, the cotyledons look like radish too.  Might have to see the first true leaves to verify.  Of course, if they are radish, won't be long before you have some salad makings. :)
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

kykeion

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:02:12 AM »

Based upon both the seeds and sprouts I'd venture either radish or something broccoli related (Brassica oleracea cultivars).  Either way something in the Brassicaceae family.

Cayenne

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 03:32:31 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely a vegetable of some kind.  :) Here's an updated look-see on how these babies are doing. Any further comments are always welcome.

Thanks everyone.

-Cay