Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Salvia Divinorum seedlings from propagated seeds  (Read 45457 times)

The Seedist

• Trading Score: +35
  • A bookworm
Re: Salvia Divinorum seedlings from propagated seeds
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »

From Botanical Museum Leaflets. Volume 20, 1962-64.
A New Mexican Psychotropic Drug from the Mint Family
by R. Gordon Wasson.

Flowering Salvia divinorum E. & J., 'hojas de la Pastora', held by Irmgard Weitlaner Johnson, 1962. Photo by Wasson.
Faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains.

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2016, 11:00:54 PM »

I'd be interested to read the study on salvia. I think we all would :)
The Entheogen Review. VOLUME XVI, NUMBER 4 WINTER SOLSTICE 2008

Lost in Jonathan Ott’s Footsteps: Acetone Tinctures of SALVIA DIVINORUM by Zhah

First Look at a New Psychoactive Drug: Symmetry (salvinorin B ethoxymethyl ether) by Dr. Mercury and Dr. Feelodd

https://archive.org/details/TheEntheogenReviewComplete19922008

Peopled Darkness: Perceptual Transformation through Salvia divinorum by J.D. Arthur. 2008.
(iUniverse, 2021 Pine Lake Road, Suite 100, Lincoln, NE 68512, (800) 288-4677, www.iuniverse.com) ISBN: 978-0-595-45583-6 [5" 5 8", paperback, $11.95], ISBN: 978-0-595-89884-8 [e-book, $6.00], 88 pages.
or http://www.innertraditions.com/salvia-divinorum.html

Sage Spirit: Salvia Divinorum and the Entheogenic Experience by Martin W. Ball. 2007.
(Kyandara Publishing, www.lulu.com/content/939768) ISBN: 978-0-6151-5708-5 [6" 5 9", paperback, $14.95], ISBN: 978-0- 6151-5708-4 [e-book, $10.00], 140 pages.

http://www.innertraditions.com/shamanic-quest-for-the-spirit-of-salvia.html

Dale Pendell. Salvia divinorum, from Pharmako/Poeia: Plant Powers, Poisons, and Herbcraft.
Mercury House, San Francisco, 1995.
Get dpsd.pdf attachment
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:41:26 PM by The Seedist »

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

I'd be interested to read the study on salvia. I think we all would :)
I guess we need to search for more information on the works of R. Montgomery.
'Rob Montgomery, ethnobotanist and founder of the BOTANICAL PRESERVATION CORPS, has been studying the pharmacology, cultivation, and distribution of Salvia divinorum for ten years.' Entheogen Review, Vol. VIII, #3 (1999)

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »

Not trying to hijack this thread, but...
I think it'd be really cool if we could get some Salvia Venulosa to try crossing with Divinorum. Y'all have already started figuring out seed production, if Venulosa produces seeds more readily than Divinorum it's possible adding their genes together(if compatible) might get some Divinorum plants that seed more easily. I feel like with some creative crossing we should be able to get some pretty interesting new traits, like possibly better cold hardiness(would take some work for this), different flower colors, etc. I feel it definitely needs to be explored. It's too bad it isn't a species in cultivation and only grows native in a small area(of Columbia I believe).
Who knows what could result? those of you who've figured out flowering fairly well, and have other salvias in your collections, should try crossing Sally with whatever you've got, just to see if a hybrid is possible with any of them.
At least that's what I'm feeling.
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »

GAS do you have someone familiar in Colombia to start searching for Salvia venulosa seeds there?
http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27383-divinorum-hybrid-venulosa/
http://www.golatofski.de/Pflanzenreich/gattung/s/salvia.html

'In 2010, a molecular phylogenetic approach by sequencing of Salvia divinorum and a number of related species determined the closest relative as Salvia venulosa and that the species is not a hybrid.[44]' http://botanikaljubicica.blogspot.fr/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:21:40 PM by The Seedist »

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2016, 07:26:18 PM »

I wish, I was hoping someone on the forum here would know someone in Columbia, or have a way to get ahold of someone. I just recently got my first Salvia D cutting to root(this month), but I would love to begin growing Venulosa in preparation for trying to get my plants to flower in a year or two(if this is even possible, depending how big they get in that timeframe)
I think it would definitely be worth trying to source some though. Y'all are probably better connected than I am in that regard, I'm in Indiana and even locally I don't know a lot of people(I'm unfortunately a little socially anxious). Nowhere near Columbia, and we don't have many Columbians to my knowledge in my redneck little town. Want a rare plant from China and I may be able to get some connections, I've got friends at Purdue and there are a lot of Chinese and Japanese students. It wouldn't be hard to have my friends introduce me to a few connections to send some feelers out for a few seeds, but I've got no connections to Columbia :P
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »

SD can grow very fast. About one meter tall during half a year. Mine propagated from seeds are such ones. I also will try to talk with some people in Columbia, it doesn't matter where you do live - in redneck little town or in another hole - you always need to be connected to whole world instead of your inability. To live with rare plants in your house/greenhouse or to die - that's how I understand/see such situation in one's life.

http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=4093.0
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:41:42 PM by The Seedist »

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »

it doesn't matter where you do live - in redneck little town or in another hole - you always need to be connected to whole world instead of your inability. To live with rare plants in your house/greenhouse or to die - that's how I understand/see such situation in one's life

True words of wisdom :)
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]