Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is my HBWR diseased?  (Read 7151 times)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Is my HBWR diseased?
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »

Disease? Fungus? Pests? My money is on disease. Thoughts anyone?

Those black specs are not on all of the leafs. The ones that its not on look healthy. The ones that it is on have visible discoloration from the top.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Is my HBWR diseased?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:47:29 AM »

Idk man but it doesn't look too good. Hopefully someone knows what's up for you. If its fungal or bacterial try an apple cider vinegar spray or a h2o2 spray and see what happens to it. Probably wouldn't hurt either way. I have sprayed a large variety of plants with both sprays and never hurt anything. Can even do 3% h2o2 straight up but test a piece first. 3 tbsp. of vinegar per gallon for the other spray.
Spreading love!

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »

I think it might actually be a bug infestation. Its hard to tell...

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:10:33 AM »

Yeah I was gonna say Eucalyptus clown beetles, but the absolute evenness puts me off and your in USA, so I don't think you even have them?http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_bugs/DarkClown.htm
I get damage a bit like that on mine here, mostly on old growth, when the eucalyptus drop their bark and the bugs migrate.
So my next best guess was wind damage but again its so even and minor?
If it were mine, I would give it a hit with Huacatay/Blackmint/Tagetes minuta spray or Pyrethrum, nothing oily though.
Shovel on a little ash compost and manure, give it a big water and cross my fingers.

Hang on a minute, its not just minor burning from months ago (that's just taken a while to show up), from a growth hormone spray or some other magical potion along those lines is it?  ;D
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:15:16 AM »

Its defiantly not the eucalyptus bug and I'm positive that its not chemical burns.

Seedling88

• Trading Score: +1
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »

Strange.  Have never seen anything like this with the plants that I have grown.  Usually black spot grows on the top of the leaves. So I don't think it is that, though part of the leaf is yellow and broken.  Have any leaves completely fallen off?