Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: my Intro from Bangkok  (Read 5809 times)

Forever Perfect

my Intro from Bangkok
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:59:41 AM »

Sawadee Krup Everyone,

I've been in Thailand several decades and of course love it.  Played professional golf around the world and now coach the game.  Got into growing vegetables/herbs a few years ago and I'm hooked.  I'm in Bangkok close to the Skytrain and can only do container gardening, mostly on the roof.  In this climate i can grow year round, but have built a shade/rain cloth cover on the roof.  I've been composting - awesome soil.

It took awhile but have everything sourced now, except a really good variety of seeds.  This is not like America where you can just drive to the garden shop and get all the brand names of potting soil, hybrid seeds, etc...I get my magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) from a Chinese shop.   Gypsum (calcium) from the hardware store and trucks drive around the neighborhood selling everything including bagged soil, coconut husk chips and cow dung.  So my soil is good. 

I will certainly give seeds when i have quality product.  I did a google search of Acacia Confusa or Mimosa Hostilis bark which led me here.   There were several postings by members that are growing these and are also located in Thailand.

I'm loving nonduality reading and contemplation and thought 'why not' grow some other useful stuff.

I be taking pics soon as i do - and posting as soon as i be doing.

Thanks.

The ultimate question "Who am i?"

Let the flow go - who is even witness to eeet all!

Forever Perfect

Re: my Intro from Bangkok
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 11:07:19 AM »

Wanted to add that getting in the dirt with your hands and growing is a natural(spiritual) enjoyment that too many seem to neglect.

Meow

• Suchness
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:14:57 AM »

Welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing your future posts!

Forever Perfect

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »

Thank you Meow.

BTW i am responsible for about 7 or 8 cats, 5 or 6 live in the house, but they're free and the door is open all days.  They have fun.

Forever Perfect

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »

I hope your stay is long and fruitful!

Thank you Mandrake - and may i add vegetableful!

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Welcome to STS!  Got any pictures of your garden to share?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:26:40 PM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Forever Perfect

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 01:37:09 PM »

Welcome to STS!  Got any pictures of your garden to share?

I be taking pics soon as i do - and posting as soon as i be doing.  And i read what yuu'all be wanten and i aim to contributte.

Thanks.

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 02:42:23 PM »

Welcome! I was just saying the other day how fun playing golf is (I suck something awful...but man that feeling when you make good contact..)

danzick

• Trading Score: +238
  • So many seeds, so little time.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »

Welcome to sts. :)

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »

Welcome.  Thank you for introducing me to the concept of non-duality.  Very interesting stuff, any recommended reading?

-Ian

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »

Welcome to STS you are is a wonderful part of the world. I hope that every seed that you sow is a perfect hole in one. Regards mj.

Forever Perfect

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »

Welcome! I was just saying the other day how fun playing golf is (I suck something awful...but man that feeling when you make good contact..)

Isn't it great!  Contact is awesome but when you can consistently hit it good - then controlling how it flies - and it's correct distance  becomes one of the best active art forms anywhere.  How about getting it in the whole from anywhere - that's a thrill.

Good contact is from hitting down on the ball with irons - most people swing out.   If i teach on the second level of a range - i'll tell them the leader of N.Korea is practicing below us, try to hit him in the head.

Golf's great no matter what skill level, but we always get better at it.

Forever Perfect

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

Welcome.  Thank you for introducing me to the concept of non-duality.  Very interesting stuff, any recommended reading?

-Ian

Ian hi & thanks.   I love Nisargadatta, online are free pdf's, if you want i can send you them.   Also good writings and the book "Silence of the heart"  is awesome by Robert Adams from Calif.  He's more peaceful to feel, a lot of love.   Nisar is strong and heady - more about understanding - which i feel is true(beyond the mind), understanding is intuitive w/heart.

Jean Klein is very heady, zen like, but very interesting.   Don't forget all of Ramana's writings.

Ian, i have aloads of pdf files of the sages writings - if you want i can send some to you .

I do watch some you tube vids of all the present day nobody's as i find them - and as it's spontaneous many of their pointers do resonate.