Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pan Seed White Aya  (Read 12506 times)

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Re: Pan Seed White Aya
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:19 PM »

Nice Work Plantlight!  How in the world did you come up with that? ..out of curiosity

Someone posted on Amazonian Seeds Facebook that they had positively identified white ayahuasca.  I just ran the name through google images.  Bam!  :D

Where can I get some of those seeds? ???
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 05:47:04 AM »

Well done plantlight! Botanical mystery solved....

kiwiboancaya offered the seeds a year or two ago.  Dunno if they still do or if they are even doing business. Lost interest in them myself.  Maybe check for spinoff companies?
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 06:13:51 PM »

Maybe check for spinoff companies?
  I think this is them kiwi resurface thread

But I'd wait for them to pop up on ebay and/or I think wss also has a line on them.  Much cheaper that way  ;)

Thanks for closing the loop on this one plantlight!
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

XDX

• Trading Score: +72
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:59 AM »

sorry to resurrect this, but i gotta know what plants im growing!! this has been my "mystery" aya for however long, then i stumbled on this discussion a week or so ago. i posted something on the caapi grow log earlier, but it probably shouldve gone here...

has anyone here successfully grown this plant from the seeds pictured in the op? i received seeds like the ones pictured from kiwi few years back, but only like 3 sprouted and died before true leaves formed. i thought wss was sourcing from/through kiwi for some things for a bit (could be totally wrong here), and so i bought a white aya plant already growing from wss. but i dont know for a fact whether it came from from the seeds like in the op, or if they came from maple-looking typical of banisteriopsis, or something else entirely. looking at the links with pics of Calycobolus, i think mine looks diff. leaves there look thick and waxy, shiny. and grow alternate. not the best pictures tho, and probly just one specimen. my plant looks and grows like the rest of my caapi, just likes to sprawl out and climb more, super subtle diffs in leaf shape, etc. but my leaves grow opposite, like my caapi, and have the same "texture", thin-sh, dry in that they repel water, same shade of green... not waxy or shiny. i can compare the venation between my white, my caapi, and the pics in the link... pretty sure i never noticed anything distinctly different between my white and other caapi, just looking quickly at the link again, the Calycobolus looks a bit diff.

anyway, itd be super awesome if someone who has grown out the seeds from the op could post pics of their plant(s), leaf shape and arrangement, any other identifiable features.

id love to confirm this ID, but im not convinced based on the pics on the link.

Thanks!

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

Sounds like you have a Banistriopsis XDX.

Common names can be misleading and what is called 'white ayahuasca' in one area can have a completely different name somewhere else. Kiwi/amazonian seeds is notorious for not properly IDing what they sold. They sold at least two different species as white ayahuasca at different times without any mention that they didn't in fact know what they were.  One of those may have been a Banisteriopsis but the other certainly was not.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.
Pages: 1 [2]