Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: bridgesiiarabica's bridgesiis and no arabicas.  (Read 1611 times)

bridgesiiarabica

bridgesiiarabica's bridgesiis and no arabicas.
« on: November 02, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »

hello everyone! i am from the great white north, I just picked up the cactus from seed hobby and was told to come here. here are my only two seedling trays.

the more populous tray was sown on oct 19th, trichocereus bridgesii! very handsome lil fellas.
the other has t. pachanoi, sown the 26th. amazing the difference a week can make!

I have given up counting the bridgesii seedlings, I planted 102 seeds and last I checked there were ~70 or so seedlings. this far surpassed my expectations for a first time tray.
The pachanoi tray has 14 seedlings so far, out of 51 seeds. i am surprised at how the 2 seedlings are noticeably different in appearance, even at this age. the pachanois seem to have longer and thinner horns(? i don't know what theyre called. the little part at the top of a cactus where it splits into two triangular sections) than the bridgesii's did.

overall, only 14 days in and the feeling is very rewarding. in retrospect, I think the bridgesii's are far too crowded. the next time i will do a tray i will fashion a larger container for them.