Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Big Hello  (Read 3619 times)

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
Big Hello
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

I learned to garden and love nature from my grandfather, a man of many talents not least of which was his ability to hear morrells sprouting.  Early morning mushroom hunts would yield bags full of the precious treats and my grandfather was welcomed as a hero by those anxious for a taste.  I will never forget the power of a man willing to 'listen' to the strange almost alien like fungi pushing through the forest floors of southern Illinois.

This website accomplishes things I find very important but also endangered in our day and age.  Sites like this promote sustainable living with a focus on individualism and self-sufficiency.  I have joined this community because I think it preserves a tradition that values the free exchange of information and access to life sustaining plants, similarly I believe that the freedom to explore one's own consciousness is a fundamental right (if not religion then privacy, right?) shared by all and essential to a free people.

I recently made the conscious decision not to use avatars or pseudonyms on the web so my account name is my true given name.  This has caused me to move away from some forums altogether (it is ok I learned that one my favorite sites was run my human trafficking devil worshipers anyway) and only lurk in others.

I am a southerner, lawyer, a soldier, a husband and father.  My interests include urban farming, homemade peanut butter, economic freedom, and land use/planning, gaming with my family and friends and a re-discovered love of disc golf.

I look forward to sharing, learning and contributing here. 
-Ian

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Big Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »

Welcome, Ian. Wonderful introduction, and I look forward to your participation.

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »

I recently made the conscious decision not to use avatars or pseudonyms on the web so my account name is my true given name.  This has caused me to move away from some forums altogether

That's a bold move, not one many of us here are willing to do 8)

nahuatochtl

• Mexican spirit
  • Trading Score: +8
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »

It looks like you got to the right place! welcome my brother.

Hope to see your contributions and get started sharing.
On top of a mountain i take care of the spirits, and they take care of me.

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »

homemade peanut butter

That got you a full member promotion!

Well, not really... there was other reasons :) But regardless, welcome to our little community.

Thanks for joining, I hope you enjoy STS.

Mandrake

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:25 AM »

Thanks everyone!!!

• Trading Score: +2
  • ___/23\___/23\___
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 01:21:29 AM »

homemade peanut butter

That got you a full member promotion!

Well, not really... there was other reasons :) But regardless, welcome to our little community.

Thanks for joining, I hope you enjoy STS.

Mandrake
can i get promotion too? pics are coming i had some technical difficulty with the memory card but you won't believe your eyes to how beautiful this place is im in apulia right now ;) aha
Zone: Caput Mundi